2009 Cervélo R3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

cleavel wrote:Other than that I don't see any significant weight opportunities for the bike. :)

Your on the wrong forum then :lol: There are plenty of weight saving opportunities left

Laursen

by Laursen

cleavel wrote:Regarding the red tape, I am a bit superstitious about having red on my road racing bikes. So in the absence of red on the bike, red tape is my last resort. :)

Is that red electrical tape on the seat post ? And did you put it there to indicate the saddle height or to add more red ? Or is it just a part of the seat post ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

cleavel wrote:I'm not sure either as this is the first time that I've used Tufo tires, but they've been fine so far. I've used them in a dozen or so criteriums on my "old" race bike (now training bike), a Serotta Attack. My LBS recommended them so I thought I'd try them.

I had Continental Podiums on some Zipp 303 wheels before this pair of wheels that I raced for several years until I wore them out (the tires).

They recommended them?? I rode Tufo's for a while and while they were light they were choppy as hell and not that grippy.
How come you're not riding it? Rain won't hurt it!! :P

cleavel

by cleavel

Laursen wrote:Is that red electrical tape on the seat post ? And did you put it there to indicate the saddle height or to add more red ? Or is it just a part of the seat post ?

Hi the red electrical tape on the seatpost and seat rails is to mark the positions. I've had both slip over time and the tape helps me keep tabs on whether or not something is moving. Also, in the event that I am flying somewhere with my bike, the seatpost tape is important.
Thanks.
Cleave
Visit my blog at http://www.lawville.org/

cleavel

by cleavel

ultimobici wrote:They recommended them?? I rode Tufo's for a while and while they were light they were choppy as hell and not that grippy.
How come you're not riding it? Rain won't hurt it!! :P

I've raced on these wheels a fair amount now and I wouldn't charcterize the tires the way you have. To me they seem fine except with maybe a touch less traction at the limit compared to the Continentals.

If you live in SoCal for more than 10 years you melt in the rain. ;) That and I can't bring myseof to ride a brand new bike for the first time in the rain. I did manage about 25 miles today between showers. :)
Thanks.
Cleave
Visit my blog at http://www.lawville.org/