Fuji SL/1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

djconnel

by djconnel

I have a Perl script I wrote which takes CSV files, replaces spaces with underscores, then replaces commas with spaces, then aligns each column with a fixed spacing necessary to hold the widest element in that column.

I put all of that in code environment, which is the only fixed-width environment supported by these forums.

The CSV I created with OpenOffice Calc. I'd could also prepare a space-delimited fixed-column-width form directly out of OpenOffice Calc, as well -- I just use those Perl scripts because I have them already available for work.

The Google Docs, on the other hand, are VERY slick. The future of listings, I suspect. Madcow's done some extremely nice work with embedded Google Docs. I need to examine your example.

added I see your example wasn't actually embedded, but rather was a screenshot. Hmm... I think it can be done, though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

Update on bike: replaced SRAM stock hoods with BTP hoods. That was a nice swap, saving a few grams. So far no issues with BTP hoods, even if they aren't likely to last too long.

I also broke my second Toronto Cycling Al seatpost clamp. Back to the stock Fuji clamp, which is much more robust at only a modest weight increase.

These two changes basically cancel.

I'm not super-happy with the KCNC clamp on Thomson post hack. The clamp screws really don't sit as designed in the Thomson post. I need to swap some components around and use my KCNC post with the KCNC clamps, then go back to a Thomson clamp for the Thomson post. To weenie out the Thomson, I think the bleeding-edge carbon clamps are probably a better solution, or Dremel on the stock hardware.

Krull

by Krull

great build. that fuji-frameset looks very nice. its a bit sad, that the big brands have become so dominant. there are much more manufactorers around, building really nice-looking bikes of high quality. many of them seem to get lost in the shuffle.

djconnel

by djconnel

Thanks. I do really like the look of the Fuji SL/1, other than the unfashionably large seat-stays :). Despite these it still has a smooth ride.

Geometry is long trail in the small sizes. I'd prefer a bit quicker handling. I could improve this by switching to a longer-rake fork. But I haven't viewed this as a limiting factor in my riding. The stock fork is slightly heavy but maybe that's more than offset by the aerodynamic-looking shape. It is the front end, after all.