My Introduction-RS2 and Equinox 7

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BackRoadsBiker

by BackRoadsBiker

I have been hanging around here for about a year now so I figured I'd go ahead and formally introduce myself.

My name is William and I live in Suffolk, Virginia and am a junior in high school. I work at a bike shop in town which is awesome. I love riding in general, but especially racing (time trials).

My road bike is a PedalForce RS2 which I got in the group buy a year ago. I built it a la carte which was a blast.

http://flickr.com/photos/25888641@N04/3226120803/
http://flickr.com/photos/25888641@N04/3226971494/

SRAM Force group
Topolino C19 wheels
Other decently light stuff

Somewhere mid 14lb range now that I have made some changes.

I just bought the Equinox 7 last week through Trek EP. In the first 3 rides it has been great! It's stock except for the wheels in the picture (old Hed Jets) and the bars (Profile T2+).

http://flickr.com/photos/25888641@N04/3226981076/

Thanks for looking! (Sorry I couldn't get the pics to upload) :oops:
This board and the world in general would be a much nicer place if everyone could just take themselves a little less seriously.

NGMN

by NGMN

The Trek E7 is the nicest Aluminum tt/tri bike out there. Trek really made an effort to apply the successes of their carbon rig, to the E7.

I actually wanted to buy one, but ended up on a Felt instead.

Nice bikes!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BackRoadsBiker

by BackRoadsBiker

Thanks so much! The store I work at carries almost exclusively Treks so it was sort of a no-brainer to get one.

The tube shapes on the E7 are very similar to its carbon counterparts, but a lot less expensive. I figure I should probably save up and get a car before I spend any more on bikes :) Most girls aren't as impressed with bikes as they are cars Hahaha
This board and the world in general would be a much nicer place if everyone could just take themselves a little less seriously.

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

That TT bike looks fast! I like (^_^)
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

BackRoadsBiker

by BackRoadsBiker

It is fast - at least in the first 3 rides. I'm still trying to get the position right.

And the dang seatpost won't stop slipping! I'm holding out for friction paste as opposed to going the "Oh S**t, I stripped the bolt" route :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BackRoadsBiker

by BackRoadsBiker

I hadn't heard of using toothpaste, but I guess its essentially the same as friction paste. Plus it will give the bike a minty-fresh smell :)