Rethinking Metal... Lynskey redux

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ww4

by ww4

+1 PezTech = But there's more to life...

indeed ...indeed

I see a moderm bike with a touch of 70s and 80's look and I like it very much !

Starter

by Starter

I like it... even though I don't. Does that make sense? The design aesthetic is completely contrary to my own, but it's so well executed I just have to admire it.

To me, it represents everything cool about blinging a bike out. When you look at another's bike, you shouldn't always be saying to yourself: "Yeah, I'd do it exactly like that". That would be boring. The best experience one can have checking out the look of another's bike is something along the lines of "Now that's crazy... I never even thought about doing that, or going that way"... such an experience enriches your own design sensibility, and encourages you to think in new ways, and perhaps incorporate your own take on those new ideas into your unique aesthetic.

Pez's build, for instance, has got me thinking about the architectural rhythm bold contrasting colors can produce... I don't know if anyone has seen any of my builds, but they are very late era Bauhaus- basic black and white in various repeating sequences. I can't wait to see how Pez's build (which has stuck in my head) will influence the yet-to-be-completed Edge Design rig I'm building... perhaps I'll throw some color in there... maybe a lone field on a random area of the frame... kind of a Mondrian meets Rothko thing- stark background with a chunk of color.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Ah actually the new Pez Kit is right up Mondrians road... it's instantly recognizable as a LaVie Clair rip which is also a Mondrian thing. Doin the Rothko Mondrian thing is easy on the bike as the bikes form almost takes care of a Mondrian platform anyhoo...

Not that I pu anywhere near any real thought into my monkeying with the Lynskey... I don't have half the brain to be able to take influence and apply it. I'm mostly stuck sticking to many race logos on a loud color which is to applying influence what barfing is to plating a fine meal. :lol:

Timo

by Timo

PezTech wrote:Ligero Polished wheels w/Gold Nips on Vittoria std corsaCX With natural walls.

Those are tubbies or clinchers?
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Clinchers.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

ww4 wrote:+1 PezTech = But there's more to life...

indeed ...indeed

I see a moderm bike with a touch of 70s and 80's look and I like it very much !

Hey don't get me wrong though... when I say "more" I mean you of course already have a light stiff comfortable carbon bike. :lol:

Captain Fuzz

by Captain Fuzz

I just wanted to note that I do really like the paint job--and pez kit for that matter as well.
Someone stole my signature...

mrfish

by mrfish

I think with anodised blue rather than gold this could have been good... but hey, we're not in the 1980s so anything goes.

But seriously. Next time, involve wife / girlfriend / female neighbour / co-worker to avoid such colour clashes in future.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

:lol:

I actually had anno blue parts on it...

They just didn't make it. the blues together but different were quacky.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

I like the bike, but those components colors are a bit too much for me. too many opposites i think.

those polished wheels are so nice and I would polish the cranks and brakes to go with it. the stem I think is too fat for such a classy frame.

nokon would be silver/blue and either blue or white saddle/ hudz, but I would go with F&N hoods.

In the end , every one would do it differently. as long as you like it is all that matters.

cheers Charles :thumbup:

Fitnerd

by Fitnerd

WOW! Pez, that is seriously cool. Very original scheme.

teddysaur

by teddysaur

Definitely Bling.

I can only recommend changing the black seatpost clamp to KCNC gold/red too.