whats the weight now?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

ah, sorry forgot about the weight part of weight weenies.

It's 22lbs 6oz as you see it right now.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Some small updates, still waiting for the xx goods. I didnt jump on the QBP pre-order so I missed the first batch. I think I am going to get just the crank/fd/brakes this winter, then go from there. Going 1x9 saved me around a pound, so it is nice to see I only put 10oz back on the 1x9 weight, by going with the lighter pedals and saddle. I am at the point with the bike where I don't look at it and want to change stuff. Once I get the xx bits on I think I will be set. I can report that I have had only one part failure, which was a dura-ace chain snapping in the middle of a race. I think I really did find the perfect balance for the riding I do. With that said, my plans for the winter are: xx brakes/crank/fd, put the xtr 11/34 back on, get a pair of the maxxis aspen exceptions when they get here. We have gotten a depressing amount of rain this summer here in NJ, 27 days in june it rained to start off the summer and we have had rain nearly every weekend since, so I unfortunately have been riding mostly road all summer. Here are the updated specs, the bike is sitting at 22lb15oz right now.

frame - giant anthem x, large
fork - sid team 100mm now with world cup lowers
headset - cane creek cheapo, carbon spacers and top cap
stem - ritchey wcs 4 axis, 100mm 6*
handlebars - easton monkeylite sl 31.8
grips - esi chunky
brakes - avid juicy 7, alloy lever clamp bolts, Ti everywhere else
rotors - 160mm/140mm ashima saws
shifters - x0 triggers with alloy bolts, black i-links
rear der. - x0 mid cage with alloy pulley bolts
crankset - xt m770
bottom bracket - token "tiramic"
pedals - candy 2ti
chain - X9SL
cassette - xt 11-32
seatpost clamp - alloy with ti bolt
seatpost - ec90 zero with ti hardware (on the hunt for an equally light post with 20mm or so of setback)
saddle - fizik antares kium
wheelset - stan's olympic 347, dt240s, dt supercomp, dt alloy nips
skewers - kcnc
tires - maxxis crossmark xception (the RK 2.2 were way too dangerous to run tubeless in my opinion)
extras - garmin edge mount, alloy cage bolts, PRO carbon cage
Attachments
ax.jpg
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Robin v Berkel

by Robin v Berkel

nice loking bike how much he weight in kg ??
cannondale Rush carbon SL team 8.75kg/19.29 1x10
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=101405
old WW bikes
Epic carbon 2006 9.3kg
Spark 10 2008 8.2Kg
Anthem Adv 9kg ( solt after 3 weeks not done )
scalpel 2009 7.97kg

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

New ultimate has a White carbon seatpost - the weight is around 140 grams for a 30,9x350mm seatpost.

dougmcdoug

by dougmcdoug

Tell you want you do need and thats some orange foam grips, ozriders.com here is Australia make them for the torq team and I have seen them in one shop. They are nice and light foam grips I use them on my scale very comfy. Sweet looking bike, but I don't think you need the XX you should give it me :D

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Robin v Berkel wrote:nice loking bike how much he weight in kg ??

10.4kg

dougmcdoug wrote:Tell you want you do need and thats some orange foam grips, ozriders.com here is Australia make them for the torq team and I have seen them in one shop. They are nice and light foam grips I use them on my scale very comfy. Sweet looking bike, but I don't think you need the XX you should give it me :D

Could you show me a link to order those? I am interested.

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Some changes here and there. I changed out the easton bars and seatpost for the Giant SLR pieces. I needed a post with setback and wanted a wider bar. I added 20-25g with the post, which is fine as it was needed for proper fit. The bars were surprisingly only 9g heavier, as they are 40mm wider. Also, elixir cr mag brakes with xx rotors, xx cranks, matchmaker x clamps, ultegra 6700 chain, and the carbon antares off my tcr. I am back to the spd pedals, as I must use a 6mm shim on one cleat and that was not jiving well with the candy pedals and the pedal/shoe interface which is required with them. Current weight is 22lb12oz. Before I put the xx cranks and shifter/fd back on, I was sitting at 22lb0oz, but I had a really hard, super technical race where I just ran out of gears for the climbs and I got mad and decided I couldn't deal with the 1x9 for racing anymore, so here I am.

Future upgrades this summer will be finishing out the xx drivetrain and figuring out something for pedals, most likely one of the ti xpedo sets that use the spd cleats. Other than that, this bike is perfect for me. After the xx goodies go on, I will probably start thinking about how I really need a sub 20lb 29er hardtail for racing.
Attachments
ax.jpg

seppkuss

by seppkuss

Looks like an amazingly capable bike with dependable but light parts. Really enjoyed the progression of the bike from the original. Great job.
Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells