09 Tarmac SL2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

snips

by snips

Components moved over from my old Tarmac SL:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... highlight=

Last incarnation of bike with the Edges weighed in at 12.5lbs, KCNC cassette has probably dropped a few grams, thinking of switching to Zipp SL bars which should knock off a few more!
Attachments
pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ronnie-the-scot

by Ronnie-the-scot

Looks good Mark!!

did you sell you old frame? I have just bought a Cervelo RS frameset, hoping to get it under 15lb, waiting on the new DA stuff before i start buildng it.

Get a picture of you cross bike up

steven880

by steven880

With Boras!! :shock:

kingtom

by kingtom

with the boras it looks to 'noisy'. it looks better with the edges.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

kingtom wrote:with the boras it looks to 'noisy'. it looks better with the edges.

Agree. It's classier with Edge, but may be different with unlabelled Boras. :idea:

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Gotta disagree...I think the Boras look great.
But I am also one to make choices based on function over form from time to time, so not really a criticism.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

frame weight? Looks fantastic and I bet rides like a dream as well

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

Bike look great. As for my opinion, I like the Boras with stickers better than without on this frame. I like the Edge without stickers better on this frame.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

jjmstang

by jjmstang

I think the Boras look better, but that's just me.
Friends don't let friends ride clinchers

bencolem

by bencolem

That is very sweet. Only thing to my eye is that the ritchey stem has quite a severe angle and it might be more aesthetically appealing if you used a low profile headset and a flat stem? Also think the black/white frameset with those Edge's would be about perfection for a ride!

snips

by snips

Not sure of frame weight, someone here has weighed on and I think it's nearly the same as the last years SL2. I actually prefer a gloss coat too, the Claviculas look out of sorts when the Edges are on...and I'm not going to splash out on the matt ones just yet!

The stem issue is one thats been bugging me too, I'd like to get something a little chunkier as the tubing is huge and the Ritchey looks out of scale. The new Zipp stem would be cool however they only do it with a rise, the extreme angle of the Ritchey is 0 degrees. The riser is 20mm and I'll be bugging Specialized to get a lower one available to the public, it's was only available to teams last year. Not having a conical spacer looks odd.

Will post up pics at the weekend with the Lightweights on it :D [/i]

Redddraggon

by Redddraggon

snips wrote:the extreme angle of the Ritchey is 0 degrees.

That looks more like 17 deg to me....

snips

by snips

Yeah...you're right it is 17 degree, I always say 0 degree as it doesn't rise from the horizontal! Bad tech grammer :?

Rich_W

by Rich_W

After running this bike through the Rich_W_9000™ analyzer...

Results indicate the neg 17 degree stem is screwing up the lines of the bike... especially on top of that tall tapered headset top cap.

Recommendation #1 - Acquire low-stack top cap and put a neg 6 degree stem on there... asthetically... it will do wonders. Also, you can earn extra points towards the "Its gotta be pro, bro" rule of thumb. The resulting Saddle/bar drop should be similar.

Recommendation #2 - Acquire Bar, Stem, Post of same brand for greater brand and asthetic harmony. (Ever heard the saying: Match the shoes, belt and watch band?)...

Below is Tornado Twinkletoe Tom's bike for reference. He, of course it not in the picture... might have been out at a party doing some blow at the time of this picture... :roll:

Last edited by Rich_W on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Rich_W wrote:
Recommendation #1 - Acquire low-stack top cap and put a neg 6 degree stem on there... asthetically... it will do wonders. Also, you can earn extra points towards the "Its gotta be pro, bro" rule of thumb.

I agree but in fact the -17° can look really nice if there is a low-stack top cap.

For example, this front end is perfect and make it the best looking Cervelo imo: Image

PS: Now, I wonder if its' indeed a -17° or if it's the photo angle that makes it.