Hi.. Look 586 - Addict R1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kingtom

by kingtom

cycling is a sport, where you have to look forward :wink: if you can see what is behind you, you could get fear of them and that make you nervous. cars and trucks that are behind you and would pass you, do that, with nothing to do from you. nervousness is failed there.

just my 2cents...

Maximus

by Maximus

Romantic thought, though ridiculous and unrealistic. Perhaps if one lives in a perfectly paved world with a bike lane it might hold water. The fact of sharing the road with vehicles that are at war with cyclists and pedestrians, dodging pot holes that can swallow you up whole, and having to abide by traffic rules of the road in one of the most hectic cities in the world.....dictate one knows everything around them. There are MANY cyclists killed here by autos every year..... I'll use a mirror regardless of what you or anyone else thinks.
Intellectuals solve problems.. geniuses prevent them. --Albert Einstein

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kingtom

by kingtom

Maximus wrote:I'll use a mirror regardless of what you or anyone else thinks.

don't worry. you have to use them. i said, just my 2 cents. here, where i'm living is all a little bit quieter. it is respectable that you do your rides in a town like yours. :shock:

theremery

by theremery

I've seriously thought about fitting one and I live in a country where there are wide roads and comparatively few cars. The issue over here is a total lack of driver skill and consideration and huge quantities of glass that I'd sometimes like to avoid and a tiny glance to see if that swerve will cost me my life is not a bad idea!
(3 people have been killed on local roads by unskilled drivers in the last 3 months - and NZ is a small country!)
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

I'm going to get me one of those handlebar mirrors now that I have to commute more into the city. I have no fear, just want to use them to see the car before it smashes me.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

Maximus

by Maximus

If you guys are pokin fun, I can laugh along :) If not and y'all are really interested in getting them, they are really light at 27g for the pair....here they be...
http://www.cbike.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=847
Intellectuals solve problems.. geniuses prevent them. --Albert Einstein

theremery

by theremery

I'm not joking at all......dead serious (so I don't end up dead!)
Thanks for the link :)
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!