by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CapeRoadie

by CapeRoadie

"A really smart bicycle, that is".

- Yoda
I love France. I just hate Toulouse. I'd really hate to lose le Trek.

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

I have always had a place in my heart for Bianchis. Yours is very sweet!!! Keep up the good work.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

+10 from me

Chaingang

by Chaingang

Love you're bike BugMan :thumbup: And also a Reynolds lover! :wink: Could see that you are using the Swissstop Yellow king brake pads. Are they also let a yellow stripe behind on the wheels? :cry: Hate that. :evil:
My bike and I are 'Specialized'

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

I purchased this LOOK about 13-14yrs ago. We shared many yrs of blood, sweat, tears of pain and joy together. But she is now retired to light winter use.

If any of you old timers can figure out her designation (KG585,586,171,blah,blah...), I will give you a juicy virtual kiss as a prize.

Don't get too close to the cage...

CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

Warblade

by Warblade

Nicer than my winter bike, that's for sure. No idea on the designation...
www.ChrisDiRe.com

Adam Hansen wrote:Sponsors should not have to go, its the doped riders that should be shot instead, in the knee caps would be nice.

holycao86

by holycao86

I just noticed that you have both an Aspide and a Arione. I was just curious what you think about them relative to each other. I need a new saddle and am deliberating between those two. I know one might work better for you than for me, but just wanted your opinion.

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

@ holycao86...
I find both to be comfy in rides under 100 miles. On rides over 100 miles I prefer the Arione slightly over the Aspide. The reasons for this...
1) Arione is slightly wider in the nose than Aspide, I like my prostate smashed evenly over a larger surface area. The Aspide isn't bad, just puts a tiny bit more pressure on my junk. A narrow nose is the main downfall of the Aspide to me. When I climb in the saddle I tend to slide back on the seat and sqeeze out the pedal strokes with my glutes (ass muscles). As a result I can feel the rails (that stick out slightly near the front) on the Aspide.
2) Arione has slightly thicker padding in the nose. The chassis is firm but the padding gives just enough for being as dense as it is.
On the Aspide there is less padding, BUT the chassis is flexy so it gives under your weight (absorbing shock) making it very comfy still.
3) Arione is a long saddle. I like to move around a lot when I ride long distance. There isn't enough real estate to do the same on the Aspide.

I really like both saddles, but the Arione wins out by just a little for it's flexibility in positions and comfort over really long rides. for example, I won't even feel the Arione after 200 miles but with the Aspide there is a tiny bit of pressure on the perineum. Only negative trait of the Arione is the weight.

I hope that helps a little. I actually went to a used bike shop a few blocks away and test rode both of them before buying because everyone's butt crack is different.

Now off my crack and back to my weenie! Just added this to my bike...

Now the Bianchi is down from 16.2lbs to 15.8lbs (with all the other stuff highlighted in red from page 1). Yeah!

Ralphi

by Ralphi

That's a really nice Bianchi. I love the 928 lugged ones.. to bad mine cracked. I Loved it..

Hope you don't mind me posting mine in your thread. ^_^

I gotta ask one thing tho.. how in the heck can you have such a long stem? You must be riding like superman or something. :lol:

TheBugMan

by TheBugMan

How dare you steal my thunder Ralphi!!

Nice 928! I wanted one of those, but could not find a good deal at the time.

As for my position, I have a l o n g torso. Take a look... [url=http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52213]Analyse my position please (video)...
[/url]

May I ask where and how yours cracked?

Ralphi

by Ralphi

Oh well.. you look allright on the bike. But when you just look at the bike it looks as tho you might be lying down on it rather then sitting. :lol:

How it cracked? Oh well.. i dunno. It's a mistery really. I have fallen off of the bike bike a couple of time in races, but only on my right side for some reason and the crack was on the left side of the bike. The crack went from the head tube down the down tube. It made the bike totally unstable and it flexed like hell. I dunno how the crack develpoed tho, like i said i never fell on that side but maybe the force of a certain crash made it crack..

MaestroXC

by MaestroXC

Is that a KG 131? It looks like the KG96 my friend has, but the headtube lugs and fork are different...
Zealots beware.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheBugMan

by TheBugMan

You are correct MaestroXC! I thought no one would never get it since there's hardly any info on the web about the KG 131 (unless you owned or saw one in person).

Here is your kiss... ( O_o)^_^ )