My buddy's new build TIME WORLD STAR!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

theloper

by theloper

I just helped my best friend spec a new bike. He already has the frame module and is just waiting for some of the parts to show up. The build will look like this(pics to come)-

TIME VXRS ULTEAM WORLD STAR frame module with translink post,TIME WS fork,TIME ULTEAM stem,TIME headset, TIME carbon bottle cages.

TIME ULTEAM carbon shell/rail saddle

SRAM RED-Shifters/brake levers,derailers,brakes,cassette.

FULCRUM RS cranks, rings(53/39) and B.B.

Shimano Dura Ace chain

TIME ULTEAM carbon/Ti pedals

FSA K-Force carbon bars

TIME bar tape

FULCRUM Racing Zero wheelset(red/black)-(clincher)-w/matching skewers

Michilin Pro race 3 tires (red/black) 700cc X 23mm

Maxxis light weight tubes

Cat Eye cordless computer

Should build sub 15 lbs. Can't wait to see it built, should look incredible! I will post some pics when its complete!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pirahna

by Pirahna

I've got a Time VX Pro which I love. With full Chorus and Eurus wheels it's just over 17 pounds. Is the VXRS module over 2 pounds lighter?

Big Mig

by Big Mig

photos please!!!

theloper

by theloper

Here it is.

[/b]

hockinsk

by hockinsk

Love those frames almost as much as the 595's, but it looks a bit odd with all those spacers being used under such an aggressively angled stem? Looks like the bars have been angled right back and levers fitted up really high too to gain even more height?

I know that's largely the fashion in the US, but I've never understood why you guys don't just use less aggressive stems to get height instead of using spacers and high levers. Not saying it's wrong to, but it is kind of contradictory to me used to looking at European road bikes.

Edit, obviously ignore me if your mate hasn't been fitted yet and this isn't finished? : ) Nice bike and good colour-coordinations btw. : )

Big Mig

by Big Mig

sick looking bike!!!!! 8)

love the schemes.... IMO, the bike looks slower with the high stacked spacers ( but if back problems persist..put it back on :lol: ) .... try also putting in some white hoods on your reds...

Overall, looks fantastic... great job on the setup...

cerro

by cerro

Why two threads with your friends bike?

Steve P

by Steve P

I see you had to go with the Michelin Ironmans to get the red colour.

Pirahna

by Pirahna

hockinsk wrote:Love those frames almost as much as the 595's, but it looks a bit odd with all those spacers being used under such an aggressively angled stem? Looks like the bars have been angled right back and levers fitted up really high too to gain even more height?

I know that's largely the fashion in the US, but I've never understood why you guys don't just use less aggressive stems to get height instead of using spacers and high levers. Not saying it's wrong to, but it is kind of contradictory to me used to looking at European road bikes.

The frame is supplied with the stem. The bottom "spacer" is the headset top cap, also supplied with the frame, and is 30mm tall. Looks like there is another 10mm spacer added as well.

The Time stems are 10mm taller than most others, Deda or Thomson for example. I run a Deda on my Time (shorter than the supplied Time stem) and the slight rise on the stem gives the same height as the Time stem, it's the size of the Time stem that maybe looks a bit funny in the picture.

Nice bike by the way. How does your friend like the ride? Mines stiff as a stiff thing and will really give a beating on a bumpy road.

micky

by micky

cerro wrote:Why two threads with your friends bike?

He might have a special permission :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com