Parlee Z3SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ridley86

by ridley86

I like it. Very agressive look. maybe a little overkill in some ways but thats just my opinion. real race beast. Keep up the good work.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DC41

by DC41

I like it! Don't mind jipperd. I think Bugman's bug broke free of his avatar and climbed up jipperd's butt! :D He's usually very well behaved. :wink:
Self-Proclaimed Resident Master Fattie - Vicious DC Slither

jipperd

by jipperd

DC41 wrote:I like it! Don't mind jipperd. I think Bugman's bug broke free of his avatar and climbed up jipperd's butt! :D He's usually very well behaved. :wink:

He guy's, I know my reply wasn't quite a nice welcome to the best man. I have to say it's a great bike, but I simply don't like it. I guess I shouldn't said it, the way I said it. It's nothing personal just my opinion.. Hopefully I didn't manage to make him 'move away' from here. I should have givven him a nice welcome with a nice increasing feedback.
sorry, I actually feel kind of sorry, for the words I've said.. or maybe the way I've said it. :oops:

Anaszi

by Anaszi

Takes a bit of getting used to, but I like it! Very different!

jmg3

by jmg3

Didn't your mother ever tell youif you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all? His post wasn't a request for approval/disapproval
| adiStar Comp 4 |

jipperd

by jipperd

jmg3 wrote:Didn't your mother ever tell youif you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all? His post wasn't a request for approval/disapproval

I guess a gallery is to observ and make a 'personal' judgement, my mother learned me a lot, first of all, be honnest

ferrarista

by ferrarista

nice bike. will always love Parlee. one thing though take off those yellow stickers lol.

I would just take them off or redo the hed's white bigger. thats just my opinion.

also don't really like those brakes. other than that its a stunner :!:

frikinspit

by frikinspit

ferrarista wrote:don't really like those brakes. other than that its a stunner :!:

I had some Zero Gravity Ti brakes on it when I first built it up. Talk about terrible. It wasn't the brake pads either. The wheels were Zipp 808 Tubulars which I have used on several bikes with Campy Record brakes and Zipp pads. The ZG Ti with Zipp pads couldn't stop worth $#^&%. It took almost 100 feet for me to stop from just 30kph. After just one ride my hands were so sore from mashing the levers. I thought I would eventually snap a lever.

After that experience I wanted something different that no one else had, but was race worthy. After seeing the Oval Concepts brakes I thought I would give them a try. They are honestly better than Campy Record in terms of modulation, feel and brake power.

I know most of you here would suggest I try some ultra lights like AX Lightness or the like, but with brakes I don't want to compromise. I race this bike. It's not just for looks.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

frikinspit wrote:
ferrarista wrote:don't really like those brakes. other than that its a stunner :!:

After that experience I wanted something different that no one else had, but was race worthy. After seeing the Oval Concepts brakes I thought I would give them a try. They are honestly better than Campy Record in terms of modulation, feel and brake power.

I know most of you here would suggest I try some ultra lights like AX Lightness or the like, but with brakes I don't want to compromise. I race this bike. It's not just for looks.

Thats cool that the oval concepts are working for you. function over form.

It is known that if you want the most power, Zg ti isn't it even though some people have good experience with them with swisstop yellow pads on carbon wheels.
even the Ax lightness won't cut it in pure power.

keep up the good work.

ciao

frikinspit

by frikinspit

For any of you interested in trying the Oval Concepts Brakes there is a word of warning. Out-of-the-box the front brake will only fit a small number of frames. It helps if you have machining tools. I have had to modify them on my Parlee, my son's Pinarello Galileo & my daughter's Specialized E5. Keep in mind the base plate is the only thing I am modifying on the brakes. It is very sturdy and easy to work with since it is aluminum.

On my bike and my daughter's bike it is just a matter of putting various spacers in and elongating the mounting hole on the base plate to lower the brakes 2-3mm.

My son's Pinarello needed a little more work. Since the main triangle of the Galileo is aluminum it was easier to work with than carbon fiber. I cut off the down tube cable guides since the brakes hit them. Then I tapped out new bolt holes an inch up the side and installed Campy Record downtube cable guides that come with all of their shifters. Lastly I modified the mounting plate.

You are probably thinking this is too much work and isn't worth it. Probably why they never really became popular. But if you want something different sometimes you have to experiment. I had a great time working with it. I enjoy it even more now since they work so well.

frikinspit

by frikinspit

Re-painted the frame. I wanted some color so I decided to go with House Of Kolor Organic Green. I changed the wheel decals to green as well. I know many of you didn't like the bike before. You probably hate it now since the only big change is the addition of the green color, but oh well. I'm not here to please anyone.

It took me 5 afternoons to complete the paint job. Mostly done with airbrush. 3-part epoxy primer base coat, House Of Kolor silver basecoat BC02, House Of Kolor Organic Green mixed with 10% silver flake, and topped off with a catalyzed 2-part epoxy clearcoat. I think it turned out great. Too bad the camera just doesn't do the bike justice. The photos came out rather flat. It is really stunning in person.

I am thinking of switching the brakes to either M5 or Negative Gravity. Will post some new pics if I do.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

also put kcnc on your list of brakes to try/research.

frikinspit

by frikinspit

justkeepedaling wrote:also put kcnc on your list of brakes to try/research.

Tooooo ugly. Lots of brakes with similar performance/weight, but look a lot better.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

How did you like the C50 and the Extreme-C?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jipperd

by jipperd

Hi frikinspit, you managed to create a unique design for your parlee. A like this one way better as your previous design. Someway I see some relation with the FWB parlee designed by madcow wich was superb. A great bike frikinspit, love the decals and details.