my Orca

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tete de la course

by tete de la course

I've had my Orca sitting here in my office for 3 weeks now driving me insane. Well I finally finished her up tonight and can't wait to get out and ride. I did spin out front today and the bike is really smooth. Very reptilian.

Dura Ace Group, 57cm with Reynolds DV46T with conti sprinter tires.

I weighed it on a rubbish bike scale and it said 15.1 (as seen with pedal and garmin and cages) . I was really surprised because I didn't really work to make it lighter. I mean I could have done a lot of things differently and easily be @ 14.5 but whatever.

I will try a better scale tommorrow but I imagine it's pretty close.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gregorio

by Gregorio

Never heard of a bike described as ..."Very reptilian." I guess it could have lost something in translation maybe.
But I like it anyway. I have had mine for a little more than a year now and could not be happier with it.

tete de la course

by tete de la course

Well I weighed my bike today at the local shop and it was lower than I thought. 14.83 lbs (6730 grms) . I was really surprised because I did not try to get the lightest parts all together..
ImageImage

Regardless , so far the bike has been awesome.

also my buddy just built up this Ordu. 15.5 TT bike . not bad :p

I must say that this is the best TT bike I have ever seen. The first bike I think that really makes the P3 look less than the best. In person the matte finish is sweet, and the SRAM red doesn't hurt either. everything about this bike is FAST.

MaestroXC

by MaestroXC

Obviously the bike will weigh more when it's done, is he waiting on RED shifters before cabling everything up?

Oh, and obviously, the bikes look totally sweet. 8)
Zealots beware.

Gregorio

by Gregorio

needs some pedals too. Looks great though, I like the stealth fighter look and matte finish.

TheFatGuy

by TheFatGuy

Beautiful build!

Odd positioning of the shifters, though?
This board would be MUCH nicer if everybody would just chill out.

Gregorio

by Gregorio

I think MaestroXC was saying that the TT bike had no shifters/cables so that the bike was not completed, meaning the weight shown 15.01 lbs would be a little bit more once built up to ride.

KB

by KB

I like the roadbike a lot. Well done. Just need to take the top off that steerer.

tete de la course

by tete de la course

yeah the Ordu is not complete. still needs cable and personally iwould change the saddle but :roll: Also needs bottle cage and pedals I thiink it will be @ 16 or so when done.

As for the Orca I just finished it and have not ridden it enuff to see how I want to set it up. it's much different than my previous rig. So I wanna make sure im comfy before I go cutting the steerer tube.

the 30 miles that I have ridden it, i nust say that the orca is one smooth and nice boke. Also it's very stiff.
great all around bike.

tete de la course

by tete de la course

Last edited by tete de la course on Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tochnics

by tochnics

it looks very good with the earo wheels
really would like to try it out one time
only ridden a 2006 orca with full Ultegra
this must ride as good as it looks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com