My two roadies. Carbon Scott, steel Ciocc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

.:Jimbo:.

by .:Jimbo:.

Scott CR-1 Pretty much stock. Shimano 105 all around, SLR kit carbonio flow saddle, Elite Pase cages and custom Mavic Elite's. No sense in upgrading this any further as it will be replaced by a Sram Red Addict, soon......I hope.
Weight 15.8 according a crappy fishing scale, so who knows how honest that number is.

Ciocc San Cristobal replica. Campy Chorus all about, Gold Khamin's, Flite gel flow, and Cinelli front end, all Italiano! 19.7 pounds.

brianwchan

by brianwchan

The scott looks amazing. What kind of stem is that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

de zwarten

by de zwarten

classy ciocc!

some white cables, silver wheels, shifters and post would improve the overall looks.

How do you like the new 07 flite in respect to the classic model?

guyken

by guyken

like the paintjob of the scott a lot.

nicely!!! :
lol:

KB

by KB

Jimbo. Nice job on both of them. Only thing I would change is the seatpost on the CIOCC from carbon to aluminium. It will then look nicely retro. Well done.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

.:Jimbo:.

by .:Jimbo:.

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments and suggestions! As for the questions, the stem is a custom job by yours truly. It's a Richey Comp stem painted white. AS for the seat, its definitely growing on me. Pretty plush so with padded shorts I find it a bit too much, with too much pressure between the sitbones. Surprisingly, I did enjoy it when I rode to work sans padded shorts. I prefer my slr kit flow, my perfect saddle, but would look greatly out of place on such a classy rig.

As for the parts on said bike, I thought of building it with other options. I agree with the seat post, I'd like an aluminum campy seatpost, but just had the carbon campy record from a previous build. The cables that were on the bike initially were white, and it looked terrible in my eyes. Cheap looking, and quite out of place imo. As for the wheels, I kinda hate silver and black rims, and much prefer the more colorful options, red white, gold, etc. It's different, that's for sure, but that's what I was hoping to achieve, a classy look, but without doing what has been done before. I have been waiting for white campy hoods by hudz, to add a classic cue to the shifters, reminiscent of yesteryear white campy brake hoods, but would not downgrade the shifter to Veloce just for the sliver look, and ditch the multi-gear sweep too.