Show me your Winter bikes

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Redddraggon

by Redddraggon

Now with 'guards and loads of lights :lol:

Daveke

by Daveke

After a ride with -6 degrees and a lot of salt on the Dutch and Belgian roads. I cleaned the bike outside but my dad told me to put it in the bathtub for the night, he thought it could break with -18 in the shed..

Red Bull Pro SL frame which was painted black by a friend, Ritchey Pro stem and Carbon fork, handlebar and seatpost. Selle Italia SLR Carbon, Ultegra SL and PowerTap laced onto DT R1.1 rims. Conti Tires.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sacke

by Sacke

collideous wrote:Not really a winter-bike as I'm riding it all year round. Rides great in the snow, though.

I just found this thread, and this Niner is just amazing! I would never have thought that the color combination looked so nice in reality.

Truly classy build! A nice thing is that the orange color works so well with the anodized red. Now I know what kind of changes my mtb will go through before the next mtb season truly starts. :)

thomas

by thomas

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

Here's mine.

Scottybee

by Scottybee

I don't have a winter bike, don't need one. The rain does not make a habit of paying me a visit.

8)
17 and stupid, bear with me

alanjob

by alanjob

This is my Winter Bike:

Airbourne Thunderbird 54cm
Full 105 Groupset
Shimano 105 Wheels
FSA Bar, Stem and Seatpost
Fizik Saddle

I have just ordered a set of Shimano Ultegra/Mavic Open Pro wheels and the mugguards/reflectors are coming off soon now were in spring 8)

irodetoday

by irodetoday

What fenders are those? They fit "perfect".
Rasmus wrote:This is my el cheapo winter beater that I built this spring out of old spare parts I had lying around, favors from friends and rummaging around in bargain bins:

Extra #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5

Rhino

by Rhino

Hello from Finland, first message on this forum! Here's my winter bike from yesterday's ride, heavy as hell though but in winter I don't care. When are we going to get spring here...

"You not bike rider, you nobody."-Eddie B.

tochnics

by tochnics

u guys ride nicer winterbikes then my main ride
regardles i ride my commuter all year so no winterbike for me

rhino how do you keep warm in that weather :shock:
Join the light side

a light bike does make you go faster unless you are slow

Ducati2

by Ducati2

Sacke wrote:
collideous wrote:Not really a winter-bike as I'm riding it all year round. Rides great in the snow, though.

I just found this thread, and this Niner is just amazing! I would never have thought that the color combination looked so nice in reality.

Truly classy build! A nice thing is that the orange color works so well with the anodized red. Now I know what kind of changes my mtb will go through before the next mtb season truly starts. :)

I love that bike too. The color would work for me because it could be visible from the air after I have a heart attack riding the ss in the snow!

Rhino

by Rhino

tochnics wrote:u guys ride nicer winterbikes then my main ride
regardles i ride my commuter all year so no winterbike for me

rhino how do you keep warm in that weather :shock:

[Offtopic] I have Northwave Fahrenheit shoes with aluminium insoles + neoprene shoe covers, Windstopper bib tights + normal bib tights underneath, base layer shirt + short jersey + windstopper jacket, sugoi firewall lobster gloves, skullcap and neck warmer that protects up to my nose. With that kind of clothing it's been possible to ride when thermometer hits -15 Celsius a couple of times/winter, only upper cheeks getting cold. The toughest part is that it takes time to dress all the layers and I'm sweating already before even getting outside :D [Offtopic]
"You not bike rider, you nobody."-Eddie B.

SilleMicke

by SilleMicke

Here´s my heavy winterbike, I actaully raced this bike long ago. The weight right now is somewhere between a car and a bus, but it make you stronger :D

Pics:http://gniddes.blogspot.com/2010/03/vintercykeln.html

bally81

by bally81

Some nice winterbikes out there !

I had to post a picture of SilleMickes bike.. ;-)
Attachments
i like that rear mudguard
i like that rear mudguard
Caad 10
Bianchi EV3
Canyon Speedmax AL

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SilleMicke

by SilleMicke

The rear mudguard is called a "kompislapp" in sweden, it´s for keeping spray of your friend that sits on your wheel