Colnago C60 RSCG

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

Hi all,

Here's my C60. Had her for about a year now and every ride is smooth and sweet :)

Build list:
C60 RSCG
Campy Record Mechanical 2015
Campy Bora One clinchers
Conti GP 4KS II 23mm
Deda Zero 100
Deda Presa
Deda perforated bar tape
Selle Italia SLR

Turned out really nice. Even the red accents on the fork, rims, stem, bars and saddle stitching were unplanned, but worked out well.

Also wasn't sure going bright or dark label, but I think bright suits better.

I came from a Dogma2 DI2 and I was worried I would miss e-shifting, but new Campy Mech is soo good, I don't even see a need to go EPS. Front shifting I would argue is even faster than the default DI2 setting.

Ride as expected is smooth, nimble and agile. Does not feel as low and planted as the Dogma, but no slouch if you put the hammer down.

My only regret? I should've gone Super Record and Bora Ultra!not that there would be any significant performance gain, but just so I would be done with it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by Dogmatic13 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

by Weenie

fogman

by fogman

Proper Colnago build. Looks great! What size frame and what is your saddle height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

lw11

by lw11

I'm so happy you posted this build. I'm building up a C60 and have been deciding between Super Record mechanical vs EPS. I was finding it hard to justify the ~$2,000 premium for electronic shifting. Next bike I'll probably go electronic shifting with disc brakes, so I'll mine all mechanical!

Also, are your Bora One's tubular or clincher? I'm going Bora Ultra and can't decide between the feel of tubs vs the convenience of clinchers.

Great bike and build!

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

fogman wrote:Proper Colnago build. Looks great! What size frame and what is your saddle height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fogman! It's a size 45s and my saddle height is 699mm. I'm more leg than torso, so my fit ends up with decent saddle to bar drop, which in my view on small frames like mine, helps balance things out.

The C60 though does have a longer reach than the Dogma, so I had to go to a 100mm stem vs 110 (and even 120) on the Dogma.

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

lw11 wrote:I'm so happy you posted this build. I'm building up a C60 and have been deciding between Super Record mechanical vs EPS. I was finding it hard to justify the ~$2,000 premium for electronic shifting. Next bike I'll probably go electronic shifting with disc brakes, so I'll mine all mechanical!

Also, are your Bora One's tubular or clincher? I'm going Bora Ultra and can't decide between the feel of tubs vs the convenience of clinchers.

Great bike and build!

Thanks!

I was in a similar space. I could get 2014 Record EPS (old 5 arm crank) or 2015 Record 2015 Mech. I was worried about moving back to mechanical as Di2 is very good, but honestly I'm very impressed with what Campy has done to mechanical. My thinking was - get the latest gen group set first, then if I really miss electronic, then I go for the upgrade. There's something too about staying mechanical on the C60 - just a bit more purist.

On the Boras, haven't tried tubs but I really like my clinchers.gets up to speed so easily, smooth and surprisingly does really well climbing too.

mrgray

by mrgray

a very neat build to be proud of for sure. i agree that the elements have come together very nicely. it looks major Pro (a bit like a stock car) in a very good way. i agree re: mech campagnolo, it is very good (although i havent had elec to compare to). also i like your comment about getting SR so you "could be done with it" i know where you are coming from, on the other hand it is a hobby and so nice to still have a task ahead of you.

can i ask what country you are in? looks familiar to me.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg

PSM

by PSM

Looks good.

dj97223

by dj97223

Nicely done. :thumbup:
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

mrgray wrote:a very neat build to be proud of for sure. i agree that the elements have come together very nicely. it looks major Pro (a bit like a stock car) in a very good way. i agree re: mech campagnolo, it is very good (although i havent had elec to compare to). also i like your comment about getting SR so you "could be done with it" i know where you are coming from, on the other hand it is a hobby and so nice to still have a task ahead of you.

can i ask what country you are in? looks familiar to me.

Thanks mrgray. I live in Singapore. During the weekends the streets are flooded with road bikes and I have to say some of the builds you see are just insane.

robobiking

by robobiking

Dogmatic13 wrote:Image

That's a very nice picture of a very nice bike :thumbup:
https://robobiking.wordpress.com/
Test & Story Blog for all kind of cycling stuff

Cannondale F600 tuned (9kg)

kgt

by kgt

+1

mortirolo

by mortirolo

Proper Colnago build. Maybe the best bike in ww.
It's almost 100%, but with Campagnolo SR, Bora 50 ULTRA tubular, Vittoria corsa, Time pedals 101%. :)
Marco Pantani - Momenti Di Gloria

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and occasionally in the Washington DC area.

by Powerful Pete

Not much to add beyond jealousy. Could you confirm the current weight?
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...pastatrails.blogspot.com
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

CummoY

by CummoY

Beautiful bike. I am building something similar with a matt black version and I am at the point now where I have to buy wheels, I cannot decide on 35 or 50, I love the bright look on your bike and am sold on it, but the depth is killing me!

by Weenie

anquetil

by anquetil

Top bike, interested at the same saddle hight i ride 50 s.