Trek Equinox TTX 9.9™ -Project One

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jipperd

by jipperd

Kauda_Den wrote:
strobbekoen wrote:Are the front brake pads adjusted too low on the rims ?

Morten @ oplever du, når du bremser med forhjulet, også en "pumpende" oplevelse, altså ikke en konstant bremsen som med Bora og andre ordentlige hjul?
sådan gør mit forhjul, og det irritere mig grænseløst da det er pisse svært at bremse med sådan et hjul(bremse (og jeg foretrækker generelt at bremse senere men hårdere på en TT)

p.s. bruger Zipp 808 hjul, Record skeleton bremser og Zipp bremseklodser
:?:

english :idea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kauda_Den

by Kauda_Den

jipperd wrote:
Kauda_Den wrote:

Morten @ oplever du, når du bremser med forhjulet, også en "pumpende" oplevelse, altså ikke en konstant bremsen som med Bora og andre ordentlige hjul?
sådan gør mit forhjul, og det irritere mig grænseløst da det er pisse svært at bremse med sådan et hjul(bremse (og jeg foretrækker generelt at bremse senere men hårdere på en TT)

english :idea:

knew this was coming, just a quick question about the zipp wheels and braking, if Morten can not answer me, i'll ask in a seperate topic, to avoid hijacking his topic to mutch :oops:

jipperd

by jipperd

LOL, everything is fine with me :lol:

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Kauda_Den wrote:Morten @ oplever du, når du bremser med forhjulet, også en "pumpende" oplevelse, altså ikke en konstant bremsen som med Bora og andre ordentlige hjul?

On Danish:

Nej, det gør jeg ikke på tros af jeg kører med samme opsætning som dig.
Men det kan være at det bliver anderledes når dine bremse klodser på forbremsen bliver slidt til, så den er i samme vinkel som forhjulet.

Mit forhjul er fra februar 2005, måske har Zipp ændret på bremsebelægningen på fælgen.

Sorry, don't no have to read It on english... :oops:
See all my bike h e r e

Tillquist

by Tillquist

No, they are at the right place.

See all my bike h e r e

Cyco

by Cyco

Kuada_Dan; I understand the reason for your post in Danish, but please post in English as others may also be interested in the question/answer and with the exception of some selected members I suspect most of WWs speak better English than Danish 8)
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

Kauda_Den

by Kauda_Den

i simply asked him if he had experienced problems with braking with his Zipp 808 front wheel, Record Skeleton brakes and Zipp brake pads (as this is what we both use)
when ever i brake the wheel is not 100% identic all way round and that makes the braking VERY bad, and uncormfortable.

he answered that he hadn't experienced any of theese problems..
so i was going to ask in a new topic, but now that i'm told to hijack Mortens topic i will do that :twisted:

anyone had this also?
otherwise i will contact Zipp.

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

the only thing with my zipp wheel and the brakes is that the zipp rim is not vertical and parallel where the brake pads touch the rim, but lenticular as part of the aerpdynamic design. when i had brakes last year without the possibility of adjusting the brake pads in every direction(like record, dura ace 7800 etc.), i had special brakepads that i put in when i used the zipp rim, they were filed down in the angle of the rim.
right now the skeleton brake pad holders are settled parallel to the brake surface, but when i use the training wheel with a normal rim, it's just braking on 1 mm of the pad. since changing brakepads is a hell of a job with campa, i'll probably buy a set of koolite pad holders and use it with shimano pads and make a new set of "zipp specific brake pads"...
but with the braking itself i never had problems,my rim has a very nice finish and good quality

anyway, really looking forward to the roll out of my new time trial bike in about 2,5 hours 8)

Warblade

by Warblade

Tillquist have you tryed or mounted your Bontrager SpeedBottle yet?
www.ChrisDiRe.com

Adam Hansen wrote:Sponsors should not have to go, its the doped riders that should be shot instead, in the knee caps would be nice.

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Warblade wrote:Tillquist have you tryed or mounted your Bontrager SpeedBottle yet?

Yes I have.....

See all my bike h e r e

Warblade

by Warblade

Tillquist wrote:
Warblade wrote:Tillquist have you tryed or mounted your Bontrager SpeedBottle yet?

Yes I have.....

Nice! How do you like it so far?
www.ChrisDiRe.com

Adam Hansen wrote:Sponsors should not have to go, its the doped riders that should be shot instead, in the knee caps would be nice.

Asmussen

by Asmussen

Ohh the walser bar is going so fast, that it isn't allowed to watch! :D

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Warblade wrote:
Tillquist wrote:

Yes I have.....

Nice! How do you like it so far?

It's OK if the bottle is mounted as on my picture. But don't mounted on the 'seat-poste' becourse you then don't have a very good grip on the bottle the you take it out.
See all my bike h e r e

zauberer

by zauberer

could you please tell me the frame weight and/or frameset weight and which framesize is it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tillquist

by Tillquist

zauberer wrote:could you please tell me the frame weight and/or frameset weight and which framesize is it?

The frame weight for a Size=M is 1528 grams
The fork weight is 684 grams uncut
See all my bike h e r e