Introducing musket

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

musket

by musket

Hey, introducing myself and my bikes.

The Teschner is a custom job Peter built for me 3 or so years ago, and I've no intention of replacing it anytime soon, except with an identical frame. Peter's advice on geometry has revolutionised my riding and improved / nearly eliminated the issues I've had with my back that resulted from four fractured lumber vertebrae in 12 places.

It's an Easton Scandium tubeset, EC90SL stay and fork, with a Chorus / Record mix. 7.3kg with Keywin Ti pedals (and now running a lighter saddle). Peter's build quality is totally unmatched by any I've seen but for Pegoretti.

The Soulcraft is the only dedicated track bike Sean has ever built, and is a weapon. Again, it's now running lighter pedals, tyres, saddle, and on occasion bars. Really needs a Record crankset.

The green Fixie is an SLX Bosomworth built in New Zealand around 1990, and again, is a beautiful ride, if not necessarily WW. The 172.5mm Record cranks run a TA 47t ring and allow me to run identical set up to the Tesch.

There's also a picture of the Gazelle AA Special Champion Mondial I'm building currently as my fixie commuter here in Stockholm, until I return to NZL.
Attachments
frame.jpg
thefamily.jpg
soulcraft_145_224.jpg
PaulLarkin-1-1.jpg
Sorry about the levels - wierd lighting
Sorry about the levels - wierd lighting

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KB

by KB

Musket - Well done. Particularly like the Teschner.

musket

by musket

Me too - I largely run 3x 32h OPs on Record hubs on it (the old record, not the ugly new ones), and sold the Eurus Carbon's to a mate. Thinking about a new set of race wheels, but I enjoy the "classics" feel as it is. If I were to drop money on a set of race wheels I really don't know which way I'd go, but definately not off the shelf.

I've attached the geometry cad below.
Attachments
teschnergeo.jpg

BenCousins

by BenCousins

Musket, who are you riding with in Stockholm?

KB

by KB

Musket, looks very similar to Colnago geometry. Short top tube and 1,000mm wheelbase. Would imagine it's a very comfortable ride with those angles as well.

musket

by musket

Short top tube? Proportionately yes - but Peter identified the fact I've a disproportionately long torso (sounds better than "short legs"). It's 15mm longer in the tt/stem than what I'd always been fitted to. It's also similar to the classic Merckx geometry, and with the 45mm rake fork and relaxed angles it's incredibly comfortable, but remarkably responsive. I've never, ever ridden anything that descends so well (Scandium / Carbon helps too).

EURO - I'm in Uppsala currently, and have been doing too little riding due to winter, studies, and arriving here without my bikes. I'm leaving in 3 weeks for a 2 month stint working with a pro team in the US, but will be back August 1st. I'll be moving in to Stockholm, and will be looking hard for friendly people to ride with. PM me any recommendations!

TheFatGuy

by TheFatGuy

I LOVE your Soulcraft- that is an absolutely beautiful bike.
This board would be MUCH nicer if everybody would just chill out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com