Merckx carbon lightweight

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

T-Train

by T-Train

At midnight last night I finished my build and thought I would post some shots for you to enjoy.
It's not super light by WW standard at 6.55kg but is very stiff and strong as it is my race bike.

I hope you like it. :D

Last edited by T-Train on Mon May 07, 2007 10:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
If you cant win on the track, win in the pits!

sleepydog

by sleepydog

Your time building this bike is very rewarding. That’s one nice looking build! Really like the all carbon look of the bike. I’ve been twisting my head from left to right & still couldn’t get an idea what seat post you used. Is the Shimano pedal also your race pedals? You could shave some more weight with an Easton EC90 SLX & lighter pedals.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

looking at the shadow on the grass, i see two possibilities:$
1. you got up very early and took the pics just when the sun came out
2. you were so tired from building until midnight that you sleptuntil evening and took the pics just before the sun went down;-)
other than that, nice stealth looking race bike!

Time101

by Time101

Hi sorry to go off topic but can I ask what you think of the saddle? I have had a normal SLR in past and liked it just wondered what the flow version was like.

Thanks

T-Train

by T-Train

sleepydog wrote:Your time building this bike is very rewarding. That’s one nice looking build! Really like the all carbon look of the bike. I’ve been twisting my head from left to right & still couldn’t get an idea what seat post you used. Is the Shimano pedal also your race pedals? You could shave some more weight with an Easton EC90 SLX & lighter pedals.

Thanks sleepydog! I really have enjoyed building it. I went for a good 4 hour ride on the weekend end and I am very pleased with it. I have had it a little while but got it close to it's final spec last night (Is there such a thing as final spec? :D ) The seat post is a Merckx carbon, It is an odd size of 29.8mm and I beleive made by Selcof for Merckx? I was going to change it for something possibly lighter but it is hard to find the size. Forks are on my list to upgrade and will probably go with the SLX or Stilleto? These are my race pedals but its an area I could save weight in for sure. Thanks for your suggestions :thumbup:

T-Train

by T-Train

simon wrote:looking at the shadow on the grass, i see two possibilities:$
1. you got up very early and took the pics just when the sun came out
2. you were so tired from building until midnight that you sleptuntil evening and took the pics just before the sun went down;-)
other than that, nice stealth looking race bike!
Sorry about the photo's, they are a bit all over the place :oops: , I must have had trouble holding my head up straight! It was very early morning! I will post some "normal" photos soon!

T-Train

by T-Train

Time101 wrote:Hi sorry to go off topic but can I ask what you think of the saddle? I have had a normal SLR in past and liked it just wondered what the flow version was like.

Thanks
No problems Time101, I too have tried other seats and it is such a personal thing, Some guys I race with don't like the "normal" SLR and they almost put me off getting this. A freind of mine has a Specialized Toupe and I liked it so much I thought I would try this SLR (has similar "releiving" hole).... I am so pleased with it I have ordered another for my track bike! I think if you like the standard one you will love the Flow :D
Here is a bit more of a "normal" view! :wink:

ALE

by ALE

Amazing how a pair of Lightweight makes almost any frame look killer... Not said that the bike is uncool, very nice indeed. :D
No matter the weather, ride!

Luc

by Luc

Yeah ! Drop of a hat, T - Train

:thumbup:
Pollice verso.

brianwchan

by brianwchan

Super nice. I can't get over how nice the campy ultratorque cranks look... must buy this summer...

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Smoother than the cream in a twinkie

(Translation: Great Bike! Really!)
"I saw you with elephants hosing down some dwarves on black and white TV" - Ode to Anthony H Wilson

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Woow, that's a nice Merckx!
one of the best Merckx bike builds I have seen!

jay cee

by jay cee

jay cee is VERY jealous of that bike.
I have a Merckx somewhere at my parents, one like the Domo team used when Johann rode for them.
J EURO

T-Train

by T-Train

Kuiper wrote:Woow, that's a nice Merckx!
one of the best Merckx bike builds I have seen!

Thankyou all for your kind comments, It brings a big smile to my face!! :D :D
Last edited by T-Train on Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

T-Train

by T-Train

jay cee wrote:jay cee is VERY jealous of that bike.
I have a Merckx somewhere at my parents, one like the Domo team used when Johann rode for them.

Hi Jay Cee, Is that the red/blue/white colour scheme? That model was the first Merckx I saw and is what made me want to get one, A real classy bike IMO. One day I will get one if I can find. If you get a chance drag it out and build it up, It would be great to "bring it back" to life! NICE! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com