WW C50 build: the pics!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mdt

by mdt

Well, it's not a WW build because of the weight (it's come in at just under 7.5kg). But rather because its components were chosen on the strength of your recommendations.

The only thing that still needs changing is the headset. I had to use a cheap one until my Campy Record headset arrives in the next couple of weeks.

This is my storage system. Sadly, because of my lack of space at home, it's going to live at work. At least its safer there.

Today, I took the bike down to Portsea, a seaside town about 110km out of Melbourne.

Whether it was climbing through the winding beach road towards Mt Martha, hitting 70+km/h down into the the marina underpass, or pacing out the long flat after Safety Beach, at all times, the bike inspired absolute confidence.

The Fizik Arione saddle was comfortable for the whole of the ride, as were the Deda Newton handlebars, although I was a bit surprised by the amount of flex on the handlebars when I was really pulling on them.

The Campy gear levers don't seem to have the same sort of positive feel that the DuraAce levers have, but they work effectively and it's nice to ride a bike without wires protruding out of the hoods.

And despite riding over some pretty nasty roads, the bottles never once seemed to want to jump out of their cages.

I was a bit worried about the white handlebar tape and white seat, but I hope you'll agree that it works quite well.

Thanks to everyone who provided assistance to me in deciding which components to use. I can't tell you how pleased I am with it. :D
■ Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. ■ Practice and train major lifts. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. ■ Routine is the enemy. ■ Regularly learn and play new sports.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1in20

by 1in20

its around the wrong way! you have to face it with the derailleurs to the outside so we can see more carbon...

Did you ride to Portsea and back from Melbourne? Thats a decent ride for first up on a new bike.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

i really hope you ride it a lot tho as it would be a big shame if its just stuck in that room.
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

mdt

by mdt

1in20 wrote:its around the wrong way! you have to face it with the derailleurs to the outside so we can see more carbon...

Did you ride to Portsea and back from Melbourne? Thats a decent ride for first up on a new bike.

Good point, I half thought of that. :)

No, just down to Portsea, the Sorrento Yacht Club for lunch to be precise. The girls picked us up down there and we drove back.

Days don't get much better than that. :D
■ Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. ■ Practice and train major lifts. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. ■ Routine is the enemy. ■ Regularly learn and play new sports.

mdt

by mdt

currieinahurry wrote:i really hope you ride it a lot tho as it would be a big shame if its just stuck in that room.
tikka

60 to 90ks a week Tikka. That's all I'm prepared to do without jeopardising my other fitness goals.

It's doing it's first Triathlon next week too.

acg

by acg

Nice bike - congrats

Is that Arione Carbon a special order? - I did not realise you could get any non-black versions

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

beautiful bike!!!! make sure no one can access your office during the night......i've had things stolen from my office before....

nago_973

by nago_973

I too was wondering, did you have to custom order that saddle??? Very nice.

kgt

by kgt

a dream machine :wink:

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

wicked bike and good to hear it will be used. it just makes me sad when such amazing bikes are kept inside to much.
tikka

airsoft510

by airsoft510

nice bike, i like how the saddle matches the bar and part of the frame. If thats your work place, thats a pretty nice office.

afeltz
in the industry

by afeltz

I love the bike, nice color coordination.

What bike stand is that in your office?
I am tight on bike storage in my loft and think that would look great.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

how much did the total build come too??
tikka

jalapeno

by jalapeno

that's a lovely machine, very tasteful. Nice balance of weight and durability/rideability too :thumbup:
-------------------
Gravitas est meus Hostilis
Painted Roads Cycling: http://www.paintedroads.com
Words: http://mikesimagination.wordpress.com

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

mdt wrote:I was a bit worried about the white handlebar tape and white seat, but I hope you'll agree that it works quite well.

You will probably have to replace those more often than you like but I agree, they do look good.

If you get a chance, like some of the others have mentioned, its a bit more inspiring to see a bike from the drive side :wink:

Very well thought out build :thumbup:

ps...dont let Casran see those things on your valves...he will do his fruit! Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com