Inspired by LJ's Photo's of his Pina's...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ejm

by ejm

I thought I'd take a shot of my current collection of bikes.

The De Rosa Merak is normally a road build, but I don't have a TT frame at the moment, so I threw on the TT bars and the 808's to muck around on it for club TT's... Just before you all slaughter me for having a relaxed road frame built up as a TT machine...
The Cannondale 2.8 in the background is converted to single speed with M2Racer Orb Pedals, GL330 rims/DT db spokes/Dura Ace hubs, DEDA 215 Bar, Conti GP tyres, Flite Ti Saddle

Two of the Orca's I have shown on WW before...

cheers all
and happy new year

erik

Visiting Southwest Western Australia? Visit our store, Crank'n Cycles, in Collie!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

Not bad. Too bad that 07 Orca's front tyre is missing a crucial amount of rubber. Unlucky. (Accident in the morning. some 'inexperienced' riders failed to call a pothole, causing a bit of a bang)
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

ScienceIsCool

by ScienceIsCool

I know that I should look at those bike and be envious... but right now I'm more jealous that you have sunshine. Sweet, glorious sunshine. Sigh.

John Swanson,
Vancouver, B.C.

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

ScienceIsCool wrote:I know that I should look at those bike and be envious... but right now I'm more jealous that you have sunshine. Sweet, glorious sunshine. Sigh.

John Swanson,
Vancouver, B.C.

Maybe not this much sunshine. A predicted 38oC (100F) today.

Jake B

by Jake B

bobbyOCR wrote:Maybe not this much sunshine. A predicted 38oC (100F) today.

Bobby, I would rather have that than our current weather :D Oh, by the way, those are very nice bikes ejm! I guess you and Bobby know each other?

brianwchan

by brianwchan

Nice bikes! The new orca is very slick looking.

ejm

by ejm

Jake B wrote:
bobbyOCR wrote:Maybe not this much sunshine. A predicted 38oC (100F) today.

Bobby, I would rather have that than our current weather :D Oh, by the way, those are very nice bikes ejm! I guess you and Bobby know each other?

Yep, Bobby (known as 'little john' locally) is one of the local crew, and we represent the WW's in our local club...
He has a bit more time to post then me, so often posts things that I don't have a chance to, like me puncturing my front Obermayer this morning on a group ride because a series of riders in the middle of the group failed to call a huge pothole (solo riders/inexperience triathletes... ), which split the casing of my tubie... got 3km out of the first one (glass/puncture), and 200 out of the next one (punctured it today)... not having a good run. Irrepairable both times....

Oh well, we have sunshine - and I have other bikes I can ride while I decide which tubie to replace it with...

cheers,
erik
Visiting Southwest Western Australia? Visit our store, Crank'n Cycles, in Collie!

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Sunshine...sometimes melbourne has its down's - we had 'jumping rain' (my cousin - she's 2, its actually hail, it was just the first time she'd seen it) on Christmas and Christmas Eve, and the temp dropped down to about 10 at one stage....todays a bit overcast, but 25-28's fine by me

Beautiful bikes ejm, I meant to ask you something about the sti tuning but I've forgotten, so I'll just ask about the pro lites instead - any good?

ejm

by ejm

Skillgannon wrote:Sunshine...sometimes melbourne has its down's - we had 'jumping rain' (my cousin - she's 2, its actually hail, it was just the first time she'd seen it) on Christmas and Christmas Eve, and the temp dropped down to about 10 at one stage....todays a bit overcast, but 25-28's fine by me

Beautiful bikes ejm, I meant to ask you something about the sti tuning but I've forgotten, so I'll just ask about the pro lites instead - any good?

PRO LITES -
yep, I like them. I actually use them as racing wheels most of the time (becuase I havn't has my Obie's for very long...).
They are very stiff/rigid. Great power transfer... Bit on the heavy side, 1800g or so for the pair (clincher), but very nice to race on. The CS Obie's take a bit more to keep spun up, the Pro Lites have a bit more momentum. I have them in the clincher version - more for convenience than anything, but they are nice. No dramas so far. Strong hubs (plus high flange), swiss spokes...

cheers,
erik

KF

by KF

That is quite an extensive collection, I must say.

Lookin' good.

What bars is that on the "TT"
- G. Digital K. Loco

Asmussen

by Asmussen

Bars on TT looks like visiontech, or am I wrong?

mathi

by mathi

A very nice collection indeed :)

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

wow i can only dream of a collection like that.
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

Asmussen wrote:Bars on TT looks like visiontech, or am I wrong?

Yup. Visiontech. with 'BMC' stickers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Very Nice collection of bikes, only why do the Orbea head-tubes look so big always?
and about what for a TT frame are you thinking? do you keep it like this or?