HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:16 pm 

*maybe a scientology fan....?*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:51 pm 

Your posts are what make this thread worth reading Rich. Keep up the good work. :popcorn:

rico

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:51 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:01 pm 

RollinOn27s wrote:
If you are really 34, how do you afford a bike like this? Because you surely don't sound like you're well spoken/written or mature in the least, and that cancels out "The Firm" as a likely employer...

Ahahah! Form selling meth. Basically I don't spend money on anything else, education included!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:05 pm 

ryanholio wrote:
RollinOn27s wrote:
If you are really 34, how do you afford a bike like this? Because you surely don't sound like you're well spoken/written or mature in the least, and that cancels out "The Firm" as a likely employer...

Ahahah! Form selling meth. Basically I don't spend money on anything else, education included!

I'd invest in some Ritalin, Ryan. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:32 pm 

After reading all these rediculous posts from everyone I say cut-it-out. The original poster did not have to immeadiately say that everything else sucks and my bike is the best and I love it, he could have just said I like my new bike. Also, another thing to think about is maybe some might not understand what real stiffness is. I thought my bike was amazingly stiff until I learned more on this forum, and understood what tells you of the stiffness of the bike. After a year or so on the forum, it was just until recently that I learned why the chain rubs the front derailller when standing.

I think I am just saying that:

1) Don't attack eachother guys, it doesn't help anyone.

2) Maybe the bike does feel stiff to him, and it is perfectly all right if he feels that way about it. We don't all have to always agree on everything and that is what makes the forum so great! ALL THE DIFFERENT IDEAS AND VIEWS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:16 pm 

:D chill out guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:28 pm 

Danton wrote:
ryanholio wrote:
RollinOn27s wrote:

I'd invest in some Ritalin, Ryan. :wink:

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:44 pm 

HA! I have a bike that will outperform yours anyday, ryanholio: I've glued together a bike from all the popcorn dropped during this useless thread! Forget Ti, forget great painjobs, forget bad graphics... texture baby! I'll be the first to admit that it is only a fair weather bike, but it's buttery smooth!

When any of us have spend hard earned money on a bicycle, and then spent many difficult hours researching just the right upgrades to turn this bicycle into a two wheeled wonder, we feel like proud parents. To us, our baby will always be beautiful. But it is because of this that we understand that not everyone will feel the same way about our baby... they have babies of their own! To attempt to pound your own chest by belittling others (and their opinions) just won't fly.

We all love the sport for our own reasons, but most of those reasons have something to do with the magic that we feel when we are one with our bicycle at speed.

We all love this forum for our own reasons, but most have to do with the fact that collectively, we can bring together a great deal of knowledge, expertise and informed opinions on the latest and greatest WW items. The key to this however is the way in which we interact - respect breeds respect, and trust is gained through time. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by shooting off you mouth.

Oh, and if this thread is going to keep going like the Energizer Bunny, would someone please pass the popcorn! :popcorn:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:03 pm 

I like the bike. I like all bikes. I used to have a litespeed Mtn bike till I got tired of the companies day to day changes in warranty policies. It rode nice though. The one question I have is about the brake pads. Why use the yellow swisstop pads that are meant for carbon on an aluminum rim?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:07 pm 

spookyload wrote:
I like the bike. I like all bikes. I used to have a litespeed Mtn bike till I got tired of the companies day to day changes in warranty policies. It rode nice though. The one question I have is about the brake pads. Why use the yellow swisstop pads that are meant for carbon on an aluminum rim?

It's the only pads that came with them and they work really well on the Aluminu, rims I thought. Hmmm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:03 am 

If they work, go for it. I don't know if they are softer and will wear faster, or if they are more abrasive like a pad for ceramic coated rims. You might check to find out though as the ones for ceramic pads tend to wear aluminum rims very rapidly. I had some on an old mountain bike and wasn't aware they were ceramic rim pads and wore out a set of standard 517 rims in about a season of heavy riding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:43 am 

Asmussen wrote:
To other weenies; when you take a picture, wouldn't it be much nicer if the chain was on the big chainring?

AGREED! Always looks better in the big dog, the little things make the difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:55 am 

sorry, I couldn't resist.

- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:32 am 

2002SaecoReplica wrote:

sorry, I couldn't resist.

Matt, that's awesome, I was just about to google for a noodle pic too.

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:32 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:29 am 

Not sure if it was this topic or a different one, but another poster commented he didn't understand why Climber's Cup was locked and this one isn't locked. Lot's of insults and non-WW stuff on this topic and should be locked. I'm guessing a moderator hasn't been following the comments here.

BTW, What was the bug up someone's a** that got Climber's Cup locked? :? :roll: It had some real potential to have good discussion about light weight bikes. Someone on Climber's Cup mentioned Mt Evans and Mt Washington Hillclimb events. If you've ever been to either, you can see some seriously WW bikes there. Personally saw many at a couple of editions of the Mt Washington event. :D

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next