Your Carbon Frame can't hang with this...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

alienator

by alienator

ryanholio wrote:It's not ignorance but I certainly respect their opinion more. I look at it as a more informed opinion. Thank you very much.

Well, you still didn't answer: what year of high school are you in?

And your statement is based on ignorance, especially since you use it to imply that only racers know something about frame dynamics. Such a statement shows a clear lack of understanding about what it takes to understand the dynamics and properties of a bicycle frame. There are just as many racers who couldn't tell a stiff frame from a hole in the ground as there are non-racers. Moreover, your statement suggesting that perhaps it's the components hanging on your frame that make it seem stiff only suggests that you really don't understand stiffness, frame properties, and/or frame dynamics. In case you were wondering, a stiff BB will not change the torsional stiffness of a frame. In fact, certain test apparatus, used for testing frame stiffness, are mounted at the BB. Hmmmm: you'd think they'd avoid doing that iffin' it was going to change the stiffness of the frame. :roll:

That said, I haven't put any miles on a Vortex, BUT I would and will believe the words of people like Juanmoretime, bikemesenger, and others over your yours. They tend to display a more tempered, rational, and well thought out judgement.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ryanholio

by ryanholio

Battman57 wrote:
alienator wrote:
ryanholio wrote:If you are a racer I can respect your comments about how this or that bike is better or worse etc. If you are just a bike collecter and are 20% + bodyfat and tell me stiffness matters then I will take a rain check. Go out and test ride one.

Wow. This begs the question: how many years do you have to go until you graduate high school? Of course it begs such a question because your statement about racers and non-racers is so incredibly ignorant.

totally, the only one who came to flame is the original poster. Statements to the effect that his/her bike is better than everyone else's are lame and sound like a teenager frankly. Has ryanholio ridden every carbon frame out there as a point of comparison? He shouldn't come here and spout off without backing it up. He likes his bike, that's great. But it's not the best bike in the universe to everyone. Jeez!

THANK YOU!
It is basically to get you to LOOK at the post! I love ALL bikes! Carbon, Steel, Aluminum, TI. I am just lad everyone rides. I am just partial to this one! Everyone go out and RIDE!

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

morrisond wrote:Irregardless

You do know that's not a real word? :wink:

Regardless, I like the look of the bike.
MyGiant! MyScalpel!
".....but our amps go to eleven"

ryanholio

by ryanholio

alienator wrote:
ryanholio wrote:It's not ignorance but I certainly respect their opinion more. I look at it as a more informed opinion. Thank you very much.

Well, you still didn't answer: what year of high school are you in?

And your statement is based on ignorance, especially since you use it to imply that only racers know something about frame dynamics. Such a statement shows a clear lack of understanding about what it takes to understand the dynamics and properties of a bicycle frame. There are just as many racers who couldn't tell a stiff frame from a hole in the ground as there are non-racers. Moreover, your statement suggesting that perhaps it's the components hanging on your frame that make it seem stiff only suggests that you really don't understand stiffness, frame properties, and/or frame dynamics. In case you were wondering, a stiff BB will not change the torsional stiffness of a frame. In fact, certain test apparatus, used for testing frame stiffness, are mounted at the BB. Hmmmm: you'd think they'd avoid doing that iffin' it was going to change the stiffness of the frame. :roll:

That said, I haven't put any miles on a Vortex, BUT I would and will believe the words of people like Juanmoretime, bikemesenger, and others over your yours. They tend to display a more tempered, rational, and well thought out judgement.

Having raced BMX since I was 8 and Road bikes, and Mountain bikes since I was 16 and I am now 34. I think I know what a bike should feel like. I do not need a degrees is a$$holephysics to quantify numbers on a sheet of paper to make a judgement of a bike.
Stop with all the whining and just go ride and enjoy what you have. I really like mine and I am glad I bought it, I am glad I supported a company in America and I am glad that you enjoy what you have. I don't regret it. Opinons are all that are said here.
Not everyone likes the same bike and people will do ANYTHING to justify their purchase of whatever it is.
In GENERAL, a racer DOES no more about how a bike should ride than some average Fred. If they didn't then why in the hell do Bike companies sponsor Pro bike racers to get their feedback on how to make their product much better? Beceuase who else knows more about how a bike should feel than a racer? Maybe I should go ask my neighbor the engineer...

ryanholio

by ryanholio

bikemesenger wrote:
ryanholio wrote:If you are a racer I can respect your comments about how this or that bike is better or worse etc. If you are just a bike collecter and are 20% + bodyfat and tell me stiffness matters then I will take a rain check. Go out and test ride one.

What category do you race in, please let us know what your racing experience is, so that we can understand. You keep telling people to ride it and they will see, I have ridden one and thought it was the most flexible bike that I have ridden!

P.S. I am a cat 2 and have finished top 20 in the Athens Twilight crit, you know the race they call the fastest race in the US.

I used to live in GA That is VERY Impressive. I am not a Cat 2. The bike will do a great job helping me move up this year. P.S. I emailed you about building me a set of wheels and you never got back to me. Must have been out training.

bikemesenger
Shop Owner

by bikemesenger

ryanholio wrote: I emailed you about building me a set of wheels and you never got back to me. Must have been out training.

Sorry I didn't get back to you, when I don't reply it means your email went into my spam folder somehow.

Giantlover

by Giantlover

Tsielio wrote:ghisallo's from a few years ago didn't have such a huge downtube i think
maybe that's what makes yours stiffer!
i remember lotto riders here a few years ago, they told me they had never ridden something 'more noodle' than ghisallo
vortex was rideable for the most, but not ghisallo
comfort is superb on those bikes!

I used to own one of those vortex bikes.
and it really wasn't stiff.
A pro from my neighborhood rode with it once and he also said that the frame wasn't stiff

Rich_W

by Rich_W

:popcorn:

ryanholio

by ryanholio

I can't believe how defensive some people get!
Read the Following:
THE POST HEADDING IS TO GET YOUR ATTENTION! Not to get your panties in a wad. Ride what you bought and Buy what you like. I am not trying to bash any person in general at all. There are tons of folks on here who are very smart. I value some people's opinons more than others but it is just that, an opinon and I do not have to take anyone's advice if I don't want to. So, it is what it is.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

If you are 34 we would appreciate a cultured tone when posting.
An open mind to other forum members and nonderogatory posts are preferred.
Do that and you will be met in the same way. That what is so great about this place.
Behave the way you do and look what happens, a thread not worthy of ww. More the tone of a kindergarten during play break...
Like you said yourself no go ride it and "bleep".
Could a moderator lock this thread please?
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

ryanholio

by ryanholio

mrowkoob wrote:If you are 34 we would appreciate a cultured tone when posting.
An open mind to other forum members and nonderogatory posts are preferred.
Do that and you will be met in the same way. That what is so great about this place.
Behave the way you do and look what happens, a thread not worthy of ww. More the tone of a kindergarten during play break...
Like you said yourself no go ride it and "bleep".
Could a moderator lock this thread please?

Next time I will post the title as "Look at the $10,00 bike I bought with my bonus from The Firm."

RollinOn27s

by RollinOn27s

If you are really 34, how do you afford a bike like this? Because you surely don't sound like you're well spoken/written or mature in the least, and that cancels out "The Firm" as a likely employer...

Rich_W

by Rich_W

*maybe a scientology fan....?*

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com