Show us your cervelo?

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

dacrazy1 wrote:Absolutely right: forget the weight; go for 7.8

What width rubber did you manage to clear the frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dacrazy1

by dacrazy1

25mm; but its tight

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Good to know and thanks

Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg

1415chris

by 1415chris

Have you measured actual width of these tyres?
On my frame with zipps 808 NSW Vittoria Corsa G 25mm the actual measurement is 26.5mm and there is still enough of space to acommodate more.
Trhere is significantly more space on 2016 S5 compared to the last edition of R5 VWD 2012 on which I was using 26mm FMB.

dacrazy1

by dacrazy1

25mm Contis on the Enve 7.8 are 27mm width.

Sacke

by Sacke

As I am parting ways with my current S5 tomorrow, I got a bit emotional and looked up pictures of the Cervélos that I had so far.

My S5, until tomorrow, as she heads to a new home in Lyon, France. (6.85kg as pictured)

And my S3 from last year. (6.55kg as pictured, if I remember right)

And my very first Cervélo that sold me on aero bikes from 2013. Don't remember the weight. Just about flat on 7kg if I remember it correctly.

rideintospace

by rideintospace

Sacke wrote:As I am parting ways with my current S5 tomorrow, I got a bit emotional and looked up pictures of the Cervélos that I had so far.

My S5, until tomorrow, as she heads to a new home in Lyon, France. (6.85kg as pictured)

new S5

older S3

And my very first Cervélo that sold me on aero bikes from 2013. Don't remember the weight. Just about flat on 7kg if I remember it correctly.

oldest S5

Many opportunities to drop weight on newest S5. What will you do first? Also interesting to use all 3 major groupsets.. which do you prefer?

Sacke

by Sacke

rideintospace wrote:
Sacke wrote:As I am parting ways with my current S5 tomorrow, I got a bit emotional and looked up pictures of the Cervélos that I had so far.

new S5

older S3

oldest S5

Many opportunities to drop weight on newest S5. What will you do first? Also interesting to use all 3 major groupsets.. which do you prefer?

The bike was sold today, so weight savings will be for the new owner.

There were indeed quite a few places to shave grams, but I was going for solid, quiet, no creaks or rattles kind of set-up. :)

Out of the three groupsets, I prefer Shimano for softness and quietness, SRAM for precision (clonk-clonk-gear shifted), and Campagnolo for ergonomics and heritage. I don't really have a preference. All are nice in their own way, and each has their strengths.

If you know that you are selling your bike one day, Campagnolo is the best. Less bikes with Campa in the second hard market, and holds value better.

em3

by em3

@sacke just curious,how would u compare the ride characteristics of ur S3 with the S5? Why r u giving up on Cervelo?

Sacke

by Sacke

em3 wrote:@sacke just curious,how would u compare the ride characteristics of ur S3 with the S5? Why r u giving up on Cervelo?

The S3 and the S5 are very close to each other in ride characteristics. The new S5 feels maybe a little bit more muted than the S3.

I read somewhere that the Cervélo engineers tried over 100 carbon layups to make the S5 more compliant. The way it feels, is as if the frame was "thicker", even though by knocking on it, one can immediately tell, it isn't.

It's hard to say which one I prefer. I had the S3 longer than I have had any other bike in the last 6-7 years. Sold it because there was a dip in revenue and needed the money. Otherwise I would probably still have it. Between the S3 and the S5, I had a Supersix Evo. The geometry was never spot-on the way Cervélos are for me.

It has nothing to do with ride quality, but the matte finish on the S5 is tricky to keep clean. It's quite coarse compared to other manufacturers' matte finishes. I often clean my bikes with baby wipes, and there were often tiny (borderline microscopic) fibres getting stuck in the matte portions of the paint.

My LBS told me that Cervélo is launching new road bikes this spring. Which ones... no idea. He didn't know either.

The new Supersix Evo Disc is one option as well, but if UCI "enforces" a 12mm through axle standard, the current model with a QR rear wheel will get an update in July, thus making it not worth it.

Long story short. If only Cervélo comes up with something lust-worthy, I'll be back on a Cervélo very soon again.

At the moment it's cold outside, so not in a hurry to buy a new bike. I'll keep to commuting by bike and trail running to keep fit. :)

wingguy

by wingguy

Sacke wrote:My LBS told me that Cervélo is launching new road bikes this spring. Which ones... no idea. He didn't know either.

The R series is the next one due for a change IMO. The C series is still brand new in total, the S5 just had a paint change and spec upgrade, the S3 had the emphasis shifted to disc models, even the P3 just had a new colour matched componentry update.... RCA/R5 is logical next in line.

Sacke

by Sacke

wingguy wrote:
Sacke wrote:My LBS told me that Cervélo is launching new road bikes this spring. Which ones... no idea. He didn't know either.

The R series is the next one due for a change IMO. The C series is still brand new in total, the S5 just had a paint change and spec upgrade, the S3 had the emphasis shifted to disc models, even the P3 just had a new colour matched componentry update.... RCA/R5 is logical next in line.

Might be worth waiting...

rorz

by rorz

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Bike looks like its setup for speed but, and this is just my 2cents - stem shouldn't have red on it, wheels don't suit the bike - it's the white decals and how do you like that derailleur cage?

Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rorz

by rorz

Yeah it is my race bike, it's not pretty but it seems to be fast enough for me.
I am not sure about the derailler cage it works perfectly but I'm not sure I would buy it again, the claimed gains are small and I think they are smaller than the cost was worth for me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk