My Pinarello F4:13

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

steelstring7

by steelstring7

Hi! I've been looking at the Forum posts on this sight for months now, and I thought I'd join in. I'm 55, in pretty good shape, and have been riding seriously for the last year and a half.

Here is a photo of my bike. It's a Pinarello F4:13 with all Campy Record components. I really like the Zipp stem, with an FSA classic bend bar. The Fisik Aliante saddle is fairly comfortable. The Zipp 303's shown on the bike weigh in at 1029 grams, especially light for a set of 303's. The bike weighs in at 6787 grams/14.96 pounds with a Tiso alloy 13-29 cassette (useful for climbing the hills around here). I like the sticky Veloflex carbon tubulars, and Look Keo cro-moly pedals. I alternate the Zipp wheels with a set of Mavic Ksyrium SL's with dark blue Michelin Pro2 Race tires.

I hesitated to get the Zipp wheels because they had red and white decals on them. To my mind, the stock decal colors esthetically clashed somewhat with the carbon blue frame of the bike. I had Zipp send me some 303 decals, and had FastSigns in San Mateo scan one for me (an idea I picked up on a recent thread on the Weight Weenie Forum). I had FastSigns change the Zipp logo banner color in their computer vector file to a blue that matched the Pinarello frame. Holly at FastSigns was incredibly helpful in guiding me through the process. They then printed out two dozen new decals on a very thin, and very sticky plastic decal film, printed over a black base layer, that covered up the original red and white decals. They came out looking great!

I love this bike, how it looks, and how it rides! A lot of other riders come up to me and ask how I like the Pinarello. It's great! :D
Attachments
Pinarello F4:13
Pinarello F4:13
Zipp 303 Decal
Zipp 303 Decal
If it doesn't hurt, you're not trying hard enough!
Sweating is steam cleaning from the inside out!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jalapeno

by jalapeno

nice looking machine!
those zipp decals look superb... got any spare...?
-------------------
Gravitas est meus Hostilis
Painted Roads Cycling: http://www.paintedroads.com
Words: http://mikesimagination.wordpress.com

steelstring7

by steelstring7

Hi jalapeno,

I see you're from the UK. I understand that FastSigns has stores in the UK too. My local store here in San Mateo, California, saved the scanned vector file for me on their computers. They said if it was OK with me, it would be available if other bike enthusiasts wanted to use it. It's OK with me if other Weight Weenies use it.

It's a 2005 Zipp 303 decal. The total cost for two dozen decals was $130, of which $50 was for the scan. FastSigns in San Mateo could probably email the scanned file to your local FastSigns store in the UK, saving you the $50 scanning charge. Holly was the person at my local store that helped me out, so she would be familiar with the file.

Good luck! :D

Tugboat

by Tugboat

That sure is a nice looking, nicely set-up machine. :)

I'm just thinking aout getting a 4:13 frame to build up myself.

steelstring7

by steelstring7

Tugboat said:
That sure is a nice looking, nicely set-up machine.

I'm just thinking aout getting a 4:13 frame to build up myself.

Go for it! You'll never regret getting a Pinarello F4:13. It's a great bike. You'll love it! :D