Finally - my Pinarello :-D

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Giant DK

by Giant DK

Nice bike again Mads. I promise you, you will love those wheels!!!!!
Techn writer at Velomore Denmark

My Simplon Pavo II

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Boonen wrote:Very nice Mads, I think it looks great! Hope you get that srm working soon, did you think about placing a little piece of bent aluminium under the bb that will hold the power sensor in place close to the crank?

Have a nice ride!

Thank you, Christian - I'm also pretty happy! Might change them stem for a -10 degrees stem (maybe FRM) for at lower stem!

Sounds like a good suggestion with the metal-plate - I might try making one of these!

Giant: I'm pretty sure that you're right - they roll so smooth! So you know if it's sapim cx-ray spokes? looks like it but I'm not sure... if not some weight could be saved here because the wheels are a little heavy (1613 grams without QR).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alfie

by Alfie

Nice bike Mads! I hope you get the powermeter working

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

Boonen wrote:Hope you get that srm working soon, did you think about placing a little piece of bent aluminium under the bb that will hold the power sensor in place close to the crank?

Or maybe buy one of these "SRM Power Pickup Bracket for Carbon Fiber Frames" or make your own:
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CC ... GORY.ID=44

Last edited by 2 wheels on Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

2 Wheels: nice - would be exactly what I'm looking for but 50 punds :shock: I might try and make something myself! :-)

Didn't thought that the sensor would work with that angle to the powermeter? thought it had to be... what is the word! Angleright?

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Mads Kock wrote:what is the word! Angleright?

Perpendicular? or at right angles to? Same thing. Sorry, im so tired that I'm coming around doing spelling stuff instead of actually helping out, sorry Mads

I'll say it again though, I'm very impressed, though could you get a fork with less silly curvy bits :roll: :P

(Yes, LJ, I did not mean to insult Pinarello's, please forgive me, it was the sleep deprivation I tells ya!, yhe sleep deprivation!)
Last edited by Skillgannon on Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

Mads Kock wrote:2 Wheels: nice - would be exactly what I'm looking for but 50 punds :shock: I might try and make something myself! :-)

Actually it's 50 US dollars, not 50 pounds, but still expensive for a peice of plastic. But they probably don't sell a lot of them, so I don't think they earn that much on them since they have also spent some time designing them. It looks like it's made o a CNC machine and not molded plastic.
Maybe they should sell the design to SRM so they could mass produce them and deliver them with each SRM kit.

But the picture can also be a good inspiration on how to make your own bracket.

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

That material is quite cheap...to get a nice finish is a bit of a bitch from memory, but you can cut it with a hacksaw and it will cut fairly cleanly, with a bit of effort. Wouldnt be to hard if you know someone with some tools, if they knew what they were doing, it'd be maybe a 30 minute job, tops, from the looks of it, to make a simplified version.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

2 wheels wrote:Actually it's 50 US dollars,

That's better - I think I will first try and mount it with the same angle as with the mount - didn't think it was working that way and it had to be Perpendicular? (thanks Skillgannon :-D if it's the right word hehe). But it looks like a good and solid solution!

For you, Morten:
Attachments
IMGP2301.JPG
IMGP2302.JPG
IMGP2300.JPG
IMGP2299.JPG
IMGP2298.JPG

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Thats look better......... :D ...top nice
See all my bike h e r e

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Mate looks even better with the Zipps on - pure class

But it looks like the sensor has to be perpendicular and flush with the pwoercontrol, so yeah, probably the right word to go with there, bloody english, to many words :D (says the guy who can't seem to pick up any other language :))

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Tillquist wrote:Thats look better......... :D ...top nice

maybe even better with your custom made stem ;-)

Giant DK

by Giant DK

Mads Kock wrote:Giant: I'm pretty sure that you're right - they roll so smooth! So you know if it's sapim cx-ray spokes? looks like it but I'm not sure... if not some weight could be saved here because the wheels are a little heavy (1613 grams without QR).

Sorry I don't know, but sure look like a cx-ray type of spokes... But you won't notice they are a little "heavy". The bearings and and stiffness pays the overweight many times back!!! And the main reason they are not light is the hubs. They are not exactly light - rather heavy acually. But I think they contribute a lot to the overall stiffness! The "flanges" is nearly at the end of the axles which overall means that you get a stiffer wheel! Also the G3 lacing I think contibutes to the stiffness. And the bearings..... You allready know!

The rear hubs weights around 300 g and the front (I don't know) i think doesn't weight less that 150 g.

rim + spokes = 1613 - 300 - 150 = 1163

And then take a set of light weight hubs (around 270 g)

1163 + 270 = 1433 g which is a relativ light set of clinchers!
The hub weight doesn't mean that much so you actually have a bombproof set of light wheels!

I have driven these for around 3 years, most races. They have never been too the "doctor". 100 % straight. Have been ridden on cobblestone etc. and they are still perfect!

My Simplon Pavo II

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Sounds great!!!! I was just thinking of making them lighter with the same performance!
I'm looking forward to trying them but I can feel how easy them spin... what about the bearings? will they last?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Giant DK

by Giant DK

Mads Kock wrote:Sounds great!!!! I was just thinking of making them lighter with the same performance!
I'm looking forward to trying them but I can feel how easy them spin... what about the bearings? will they last?

Of course! They are the best of the best. I have never re-greased my eurus yet. Mayby I should this winter.... This year I re-grease my 3 year old Proton trainningwheels just to find out that the old grease was as new!! You could upgrade them with ceramic bearings for about 1100 dkr (I thinking of doing so with my boras), but I don't think you will get them much more smooth, as I think they allreaddy are superior to any other hub on the market! Congratulation, you have just bought the best allround wheel for the danish conditions!

PS: How often have you seen these, Bora, or Neutron for sale (used)??? Compared to zipp, AM Classic, Mavic etc....

My Simplon Pavo II