Now, for the ride report........
I took the bike out for it's first ride last night. First thing I found out is that I need a longer seatpost. I need about another 5 - 10 mm. Unfortunately I am already at the minimum insertion level on the Masterpiece. I'm not sure what I'm going to replace it with.
I would like to get an Extralite, just don't know if I want to spend that much money on one. I would rather use that money towards either an XTR cassette or a new fork.
Next problem, I bled my brakes yesterday before the ride. Unfortunately I managed to get a little Magura Blood on the rotor. I thought I cleaned it off pretty well, I was wrong. I ended up going through the first half of the ride with no rear brake. That was fun.
Next problem, I forgot to tighten up my front derailleur clamp after getting it in the proper position when I built the bike. Unfortunately while I was out riding I didn't realize this, thought the cable was slipping. I "tightened" up the aluminum cable pinch bolt and snapped it. Oops. I ended up doing the second half of the ride in my small ring.
Now, from the best I can tell I still like my Truth better on the rougher downhills. No big suprise there. Now, on the tight flowing trails this bike is awesome. It amazed me how well it cornered even though I haven't built up much confidence in it yet. I can't wait until I get some saddle time on it and get used to it. Unfortunately I cannot give a good comparison on the climbs yet. I went out really hard on a group road ride on Wednesday that tore my legs up. I was still feeling it yesterday and as a result had no energy to give the climbs. I suffered on all of them, not the bikes fault though.