Bright and Colourful Parlee (big pictures)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

The Spider

by The Spider

more...one of Updave's better shots...asking the fishermen to move was the hardest part of the ride!
Attachments
bridge.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Provence

by Provence

Come on, you can do better than that ! The pics are way to small and dark. I wanna see a close up of the bike cos it's not everyday you see Dura Ace cranks with Record Shifters on the same bike :wink:
For if life, in the desire for which our essence and existence consists, possessed in itself a positive value and real content, there would be no such thing as boredom: mere existence would fufill and satisfy us.

Arthur Schopenhauer

The Spider

by The Spider

I'm keeping the photos as JPEGS and then scaling them back to 128k limit, keeping the 16 million colours...

I noticed that mine is smaller than the other boys...

bit embarrassing :oops:

what should I drop to get the size bigger? pixle size?
Attachments
whatsmyname.jpg

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Spider, I've got to say, when do you ride? (As I've never seen a Parlee around before - that said I'm usually not looking for them in melbourne :))

And you can always upload the photos onto some photohosting site (someone will have a recomendation) and have the photos as links so people can see the full photo

The Spider

by The Spider

Skillgannon,

The Parlee is used on weekends...trips out to Dandy or Kinglake or Mornington.

The Pegoretti is used for weekday (thursday / tuesday) training....doncaster or Kew boulevard hill repeats (Yarra Street).

The Indy Fab is used for commuting into work (Carlton)

and the Santa Cruz Blur is used...rarely...but in the countryor Lysterfield!

so you've probably seen me....but just not on this...it is 3 years old however....and the decals are very difficult to see...
Last edited by The Spider on Sat May 05, 2007 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

bike_add1ct

by bike_add1ct

Damn, another Parlee... Parlee isn't becoming the new Trek I hope? :shock:

J/k, marvelous bike Spider! Only comment I have is... need! bigger! pics!

ergott

by ergott

The Spider wrote:I'm keeping the photos as JPEGS and then scaling them back to 128k limit, keeping the 16 million colours...

I noticed that mine is smaller than the other boys...

bit embarrassing :oops:

what should I drop to get the size bigger? pixle size?

If you send me the pics (high rez version), I'll host them so you can post bigger pics. Just send them in an email and I'll take care of the rest.

-Eric

ergott

by ergott

-Eric

dj97223

by dj97223

bike_add1ct wrote:Damn, another Parlee... Parlee isn't becoming the new Trek I hope? :shock:

Since Parlee only makes 30 or so a month, and all by hand, I don't think there is much risk of that. You see more here on ww than you'll ever see on the street. :)

bike_add1ct

by bike_add1ct

dj97223 wrote:
bike_add1ct wrote:Damn, another Parlee... Parlee isn't becoming the new Trek I hope? :shock:

Since Parlee only makes 30 or so a month, and all by hand, I don't think there is much risk of that. You see more here on ww than you'll ever see on the street. :)

No doubt. I've never seen a Parlee IRL on this side of the puddle...

The Spider

by The Spider

When I bought mine in 03 it was the first and only in Australia....

still was as of last year...according to Jonathan.

they got me to met with a prospective customer...he told me he had $3 in his bank account...I told him they cost a bit more than that! :)

The Spider

by The Spider

Just got back from the mechanic and have 'weenied' the front of the bike with ti base plate, hockey tape and carbon clamps. Dropped 64 grams.

2007 = it's onto the middle with a new seatpost and clamp...

anyone got any ideas where else I should concentrate to tune this bike further?

1in20

by 1in20

nice work so far!

How stuck on the Dura-Ace cranks are you? You could go some carbon cranks which will radically change the look of the bike. Or just go for some carbon rings?

What about a carbon saddle? Have you found the New Ultimate post?

There is a few more BTP items to get as well.

I have seen you on the Pegoretti in Camberwell a couple of months back, and did a double take whilst driving past! Do you do the Hills ride on thursday's? Hopefully i will get to see the spider parlee soon.

The Spider

by The Spider

Thanks 1in20!

New Ultimate has been ordered and paid for, should be arriving any day and Jesper will help with BTP seatclamp and nokon carbon outers in March.

The Shimano DA cranks are moving to another project this year. Always dreamt of THM claviculas to go with the forks but they wont make them in 180mm (sure they'll make a downhill mtb version for the show but...) and reports seem to be favorable over the Campy Ultra (can be had in 180mm if you sleep with the wrong people etc).

carbon saddle: well I've just put a Fizik Arione (ti rail) on the Pegoretti, so if that agrees with me perhaps the k1....if not...i'll stick with the flite TT.

I do that Thursday route as training on Tuesday mornings. Drop me a line if your available one week. Depending on your bike we also throw some light CX work into the route!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

The Spider

by The Spider

New Ultimate seatpost arrived and installed. 350 x 31.6mm 144g.

saved 100g off the trimmed down campagnolo and matches the look of the bike.

The seatpost is beautiful. highly recommended. of course I should probably ensure that it keeps the seat up!