chain: SRAM PC89R
shifters: Shimano Dura-Ace SL-BS77 TT 9v
brakelevers: Xtreme Pro Super Didi
stem: ITM Millenium ADJ 120mm + Xtreme Vario adapter
basebar: Profile Design Airwing 42cm
aerobar: Profile Design T2+ customized
seatpost: Mike Burrows aero
seat: Profile Design Tri-Stryke black
competitionwheels: HED. 3 carbon (tubular)
tyres: Vittoria Corsa CX Evo 21C
pedals: Time RXE
bikecomputer: Sigma BC1400

drinkingsystem in the aerobars: Profile Design Aerodrink + adapterkit customized
bottlerack seat: Xtreme Multi-Cage alu
bottlecages: Specialized Rib-Cage Pro (carbonlook)

trainingswheels: Rodi BlackJack Evo 700c
2nd set competitionwheels: FiR Antara carbon for tubular - Dura Ace naven - Sapim CX-Ray spaken
other: Mavic Ksyrium SSC

44/54 chainrings; will be 46/55 or 46/56T soon

of course with 8900gr not the lightest timetrial or LD-tribike available, but its stiff and fast and custom :)
Last edited by Scighera on Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

by cortinovis

that's a special bike!! :D
what doe you mean with ling distance racing, more than 100km because you carry a lot of water with you,and do you have any idee of the weight of the frame?
Good luck Sheldon Brown and may Igor fly with you.

by Luc

............Ouch !!!

Terrific... :shock:
Pollice verso.

by Scighera

long distance racing are races that are qualified as medium distance or long distance such as:

Ironman: 3.8S-180B-42.2R
Ironman 70.3: 1.9S-90B-21.1R
3OD: 4.0S-120B-30R
Powerman: 16.2R-62.4B-8.1R

so the longer distances in triathlon and duathlon. and yes I carry a lot of water with me; on trainings this is enough for 100km, if more, I need to make a refuel stop. I'm used to use a lot of water; in hot (indoor) conditions I can use 3Liter in 2 houres of training/teaching (groupclasses instructor)

needed to to get a dictionary for that word; it means "geweldig" I think? or are you coming from the french part of Belgium?

by Skillgannon

Custom? Thas old is it? Its one hell of a beautiful beam bike, I havent seen one ever thats looked that good

But why have you badged your HED 3C's as "Dura Ace"?

by Timo

This was a standard Giant frame in the mid-1990's. A Chapman design I guess. Very nice!
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

by Scighera

sorry for the late reply :)

the frame is from 2000 (last serie of the MCR which was introduced by the ONCE team in around 1998 in theTdF. Components are from 2000 to 2006 (the T2+ are the newest aerobars in the Profiel Design range)

The HED. 3c are badged with DA and IM stickers because they where without any stickers when I bought them. This gives a great effect when the wheels are turning (HED. 3c stickers will be ther soon on it also, on the 3rd spoke)

I build it up the way I think a Tri-bike has to be: aero, fast and powerfull. The other MCR's I have seen on pictures are terrible build op, missing the looks, the right parts and the right ridersposition. Benefit is also, it's exclusive and getting also a lot of possitive reactions from people :) . ok; is a bit heavy (9kg in this config) but it doesn't feel like that; on the hills its very quick, especially when teh stiff HED.3 wheels are mounted. you're passing a lot of people (and that with a TT bike and a 44/21 as minimum gearing :wink:

its a design from Mike Burrows :) but the UCI rejected it very soon so it can only be used in triathlons.

by KF

I'm not sure I like the frame, I think that you either love or hate it. But it is very special, credit for that!

I have that saddle too! I love it, it is so comfy and dries reallu quickly when you put a wet a$$ on it.

The rack on the back of the saddle. Could you take closer pics of that?
- G. Digital K. Loco

by Weenie

by Scighera

again, late.

It's a cheap-ass rack from Roseversand, but very solid (I broke a lot of tacx aquaracks) ... tail2=3697