Build my walser TT bike. (pictures on page 9)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Just a sugestion on position - which is subjective, but this is an idea - try tilting your bars up ever so slightly, so your arms are parallel to the ground or slightly above that angle. Also try moving your seat around a bit to try and open up your airways slightly.

From what I've heard, people generally do lose a bit of power on TT bikes to save on aerodynamics, but you want to be going the fastest at your maximal sustanable power in controlled conditions, so a bit of experimentation will be required.

It might just be anatomical adaptation as well, depends on how much you've been riding it.

jmg3

by jmg3

Where in seattle is the velodrome?
| adiStar Comp 4 |

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffr

by jeffr

jmg3: http://www.velodrome.org/ It's actually in marymoor park in redmond washington on the other side of the lake. It's a 400 meter velo with a fairly steep bank. I took a track class there but my knees ache after riding a fixed gear. It's a nice place to test the tt bike if I can tolerate the long ride out there on a mixed used trail.

Skillgannon: You are probably right about the bars. I posted on biketechreview as well and they think I need to change the tilt on the saddle and bars. I'm going to try a few things next weekend.

hooker_elite

by hooker_elite

Jeff - who is painting the fork for you - someone in town? What esle do you have up your sleave for tuning? I suppose cutting the bars down and maybe switching to Nokons and liners will save you ~100g or so.

jeffr

by jeffr

carbonfiberone painted the fork. It looks incredible. I'll post pictures soon.

I'm going to thread an m2 racer bolt-on skewer further down for the rear and replace the skewers. I'm also going to put a full ti custom cassette on at some point. This will save 100g over the steel cassette that's on it. I could also do nokons. Some weight was cut when I trimmed the extensions and cut cables as well. After that the only way it would get lighter is if I removed the SRM which is not worth it in my opinion.

Triumph did a fit today and we found my missing watts. :) I did 296 watts @ 27mph for the 5 miles to seward. This is with a normal helmet, gloves, and jersey full of crap. I'm excited to get a skinsuit and helmet and repeat this test on the track now. This is a pretty reasonable speed if I can hold it for 20k! My hips are still sore after riding it each time but hopefully that will improve. I feel like this limits my endurance at the moment.

nobrakes71

by nobrakes71

nice

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

In a rush to sell something, nobrakes?