Hello im Fireball XL5

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Fireball XL5

by Fireball XL5

Hello, Im an ex bike courier turned bike mechanic living in Sydney Australia and just beging to be able to make my first real light bike, I have in my fleet a Kona Unit single speed with hope, marzocchi maraothon sl's, middleburn cranks with raceface next carbon finishing bits that I have managed to get down to just over 10kg. Its not super light but it has done 3 24hr's and 6 8hrs in the two years without any major problems.
I have also just bought a Cannondale R800 with plans to evolve it over time to a real light bike, so far its at 7.780kg with full 105 and time mtb pedals.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Good, more aussies :)

Welcome aboard - any chance of a photo or two, especially of the Kona. I'm a roadie, but I'm interested in building up a stable 24 hour MTB rig....I think I'm crazy and exam stress is getting to me :)

Fireball XL5

by Fireball XL5

When I work out how to post small pic's I will put some up.
If you want any advice on building a endurance racing bike then just pm me or if you are in Sydney pop into the shop I work in and I will give you some advice. The shop I work in has a few enduro riders working there.

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Nah, I'm down in Melbourne. I'll keep you in mind if I get some cash, but due to exams and limited student budget, unless I can find a cheap way of modifying my clunker/circus-bike-sized MTB into an enduro rig my budget is first angled towards my road bike