Handlebars: 3T Rotundo Pro
Stem: 3T ARX Pro 100mm
Seatpost: FSA SLK Carbon 32.4mm
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow
Pedals: LOOK KEO Carbon Blade Ti
Bottle Cages: Arundel Mandible
Handlebar Tape: Fizik Mircotex
Tires: Vittoria Corsa EVO SC 23mm
Last edited by highwater on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

plpete

by plpete

Nice and clean R3. If I had to be picky, a 3T seat post would finish it off nicely and aesthetically the yellow sidewalls on tires throw off the look a bit for me. Not sure why they make them yellowish and not black :noidea:

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

plpete wrote:Nice and clean R3. If I had to be picky, a 3T seat post would finish it off nicely and aesthetically the yellow sidewalls on tires throw off the look a bit for me. Not sure why they make them yellowish and not black :noidea:

Please keep the yellow sidewalls! They look great IMHO.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

That's a heap of cable housing going into the RD don't ya think?

highwater

by highwater

Thanks.

Yes, the cable routing could use some work up front, and especially going into the RD. I do plan on replacing the seatpost with something else eventually - either 3T or ENVE. I chose the tan sidewall tires to break up the otherwise all-black wheels, plus I think they tend to add a touch of class.

fio
in the industry

by fio

EXCELLENT R3! I love it. I've considered a lot of the bits on your bike for my R3. I've been wanting to put on the new SLR and was thinking about the Rotundo too. Also, the ENVEs look really great with the paint scheme, and I dig the tan sidewalls. Keep em'.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I would sub out the 3T Pro kit for Team stealth or LTD or a mix. If you’ve dropped 3k+ on the wheels it seems a bit incongruous to run a £50 bar…

Nice build nonetheless!
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

highwater

by highwater

fio wrote:EXCELLENT R3! I love it. I've considered a lot of the bits on your bike for my R3. I've been wanting to put on the new SLR and was thinking about the Rotundo too. Also, the ENVEs look really great with the paint scheme, and I dig the tan sidewalls. Keep em'.

Thanks a bunch! I am a big fan of classic bend bars - the Rotundos are great. Your R3 is also stellar, by the way. I had a real hard time deciding against Campy for this one.

bikewithnoname wrote:I would sub out the 3T Pro kit for Team stealth or LTD or a mix. If you’ve dropped 3k+ on the wheels it seems a bit incongruous to run a £50 bar…

Nice build nonetheless!

You've certainly got a point. I will be making those kinds of upgrades after a while and transferring the Pro bars+stem to Bike #2.

Here's the eventual plan:
Enve 1.0 fork
Enve seatpost
Praxis Works chainrings
3T ARX Team stealth stem
3T Rotundo Team stealth bars
'12 Red Yaw FD
Alligator i-links

em3

by em3

Really good looking R3....especially the gum wall Vittorias. Hope u are not too attached to your white frame as it is very likely you will be sending it back for warranty replaceme soon (the dreaded BB crack that is all to familiar with pre 2011 R frames). EM3

highwater

by highwater

em3 wrote:Really good looking R3....especially the gum wall Vittorias. Hope u are not too attached to your white frame as it is very likely you will be sending it back for warranty replaceme soon (the dreaded BB crack that is all to familiar with pre 2011 R frames). EM3

Thanks!

Very unlikely to send this frame back for warranty, as I am not the original owner. Supposedly, according to Toby Stanton of Hot Tubes, the BB crack issue is cosmetic in nature only and will not result in failure. In any case, I have a CAAD10-1 frame that is itching for the parts on this R3, so I am going to ride it like I stole it!

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

How do you like the saddle? Do you know what's the actual weight?

JTKK

by JTKK

Very nice bike :thumbup:
I have been wondering for some time now about how Enve 6.7 would look on R3, now I have a answer, they look fantastic. I also like tan sidewalls, but maybe i'm biased because I also have tan sidewalled tubulars :wink: .
I'd say you should keep the 3T stem and handlebar and only swap seatpost.

fio
in the industry

by fio

JTKK wrote:I'd say you should keep the 3T stem and handlebar and only swap seatpost.

I agree with this. I think the aluminum 3T looks better than the LTD stuff, which is more rounded and IMO not quite as aggressive looking.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

As the owner of the same model frame, all I can say is :thumbup:
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typos...
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

highwater

by highwater

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

PoorCyclist wrote:How do you like the saddle? Do you know what's the actual weight?

I don't have a scale so I can't weigh the saddle. I like it well enough so far, but saddles are very personal. I've been off the bike for 6mo due to a deployment to Afghanistan (built this bike during R&R leave), so my arse isn't quite used to sitting on a bike anymore! Plus my old saddle was a Fizik Aliante, which is quite different, so that's two hurdles to jump. My longest ride with this saddle so far was 56 miles, and I felt like my butt needed a day off afterwards! In any case, I think it will be fine when I come back to the states for good in December and get some real time on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com