show me your cervelo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
User avatar
Kahuna
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 8:43 am
Location: www.fly.com
Contact:

by Kahuna

Thanks guys. Nano's R3 qualifies as a weight weenie build in the truest weenie tradition. :) Mine is just a normal every day 7800 build with nothing special other than replacing that stupid lead fishing weight I mentioned in an earlier post.

I'll try to weigh it this weekend but 7.8kg sounds heavy. My frame is a 58cm and it's definitely the lightest bike I've ever had the good fortune to ride. I'd be surprised if it weight that much.

Here's another view from the side.

-K

User avatar
Lord Vader
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Austria

by Lord Vader

Kahuna wrote:I'll try to weigh it this weekend but 7.8kg sounds heavy. My frame is a 58cm and it's definitely the lightest bike I've ever had the good fortune to ride. I'd be surprised if it weight that much.

I know that it sounds heavy.
The bike will have a Dura Ace/Ultegra Mix, FSA components (heavy Gossamer crank at 950g) and Cosmic Elite Wheels (2110g/pair)

But I will replace many parts, first the wheels, and sooner or later my bike will be around 6kg

by Weenie


jmh
Posts: 337
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:57 am

by jmh

Here's one of my Cervelos.

Image

User avatar
DocRay
Banned
Posts: 3468
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:33 am
Location: Hamilton, Canada

by DocRay

there are two new R2.5s frames on ebay...VERY tempted to swap out my team soloist frame.

Skillgannon
Posts: 3603
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:17 am
Location: A bigger rock in the Pacific (AUS)

by Skillgannon

There's about 4-5 R2.5's on ebay now - if they were soloists I'd be tempted, but considering that I'm pretty sure cervelo waranties dont cover ebay transactions (correct me if I'm wrong though)

KB
Posts: 3868
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:32 pm
Location: HULLGARIA UK

by KB

Kahuna - That's a fantasic looking bikes. Congratulations. Love it with the Toupe saddle. Really sets it off. 8)

User avatar
DocRay
Banned
Posts: 3468
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:33 am
Location: Hamilton, Canada

by DocRay

Skillgannon wrote:There's about 4-5 R2.5's on ebay now - if they were soloists I'd be tempted, but considering that I'm pretty sure cervelo waranties dont cover ebay transactions (correct me if I'm wrong though)


I checked into this: the new ebay bikes are NOT covered under warranty- no way would I get a 2.5 without warranty.

There is a CF Soloist on ebay today.

carbophylus extremus
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:41 pm
Location: achterhoek, Netherlands

by carbophylus extremus

Kuiper wrote:
Balenaar wrote:Hey Guys,

A question: Does a cervelo soloist team (alu frame) exist in the colors of a soloist carbon CSC ?

So in this color:
Image

Sorry for my bad english


I think the answer is NO, but you can also try to ask Conimex (Benelux importer) If Cervelo (/Vroome) is able to paint a custom one.


ehm Kuiper Conimex is an Asian food distributor, i'm not sure if they can answer your Cervelo paint scheme questions :?

Matiz
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:18 pm
Location: Netherlands

by Matiz

This conimex isn't:
http://www.conimex.be/Ned/home/home.php

Matiz

Ridley
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:54 pm
Location: Leuven, Belgium

by Ridley

carbophylus extremus wrote:
Kuiper wrote:
Balenaar wrote:Hey Guys,

A question: Does a cervelo soloist team (alu frame) exist in the colors of a soloist carbon CSC ?

So in this color:
Image

Sorry for my bad english


I think the answer is NO, but you can also try to ask Conimex (Benelux importer) If Cervelo (/Vroome) is able to paint a custom one.


ehm Kuiper Conimex is an Asian food distributor, i'm not sure if they can answer your Cervelo paint scheme questions :?


asian food :roll:

http://www.conimex.be/Ned/home/home.php

Kuiper
Posts: 2047
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:22 pm
Location: Wateringen, The Netherlands.
Contact:

by Kuiper

carbophylus extremus wrote:ehm Kuiper Conimex is an Asian food distributor, i'm not sure if they can answer your Cervelo paint scheme questions :?


Do some research first before you come to a conclusion 8)

BmanX
Posts: 3844
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:31 pm

by BmanX

Work in progress and just waiting for my Sram Red brifters and rear derailleur to arrive. Currently sitting at 11.75 lbs and not much more to add.



Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5960g/13.13 lbs

User avatar
Zeed
Posts: 664
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA

by Zeed

bman88 wrote:Work in progress and just waiting for my Sram Red brifters and rear derailleur to arrive. Currently sitting at 11.75 lbs and not much more to add.


Except for chain, brifters, cables, bar tape, another bottle cage, rear derailleur...

That might just slip under UCI...but it looks nice.

BmanX
Posts: 3844
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:31 pm

by BmanX

Actually it will be about 6200g when completed if I go with the published weight of the Sram Red for the brifters and rear derailluer +10g and the parts that I already have. Not sure why I will need another cage as I only ride with 1 bottle so the one that I have on there will be enough.

So 13.70 lbs. or just below will be nice for this bike. A good pound and a quarter under the UCI minimum.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5960g/13.13 lbs

by Weenie


marcob
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:57 pm
Location: The Netherlands

by marcob

Image

This is my cervelo slc-sl. The total weight is 6,3 kg and the size is 58. The frame itself weighted 980 gr. The edge 38 clinchers with m5 hubs came in 1265 gr.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post