Kayrehn's Colnago C60 PLGL heavy bike

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bencolem

by bencolem

I think you’re being overly generous. I’d demand a return personally.

Seedster

by Seedster

Hope your paint situation is sorted quickly.

The gold ee brakes would have been a great fit. Perhaps you can paint the direct mount brakes in a similar fashion?

That saddle looks awesome. Looking forward to the rest of the build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

caballero

by caballero

That level of finishing on such an expensive frame is unbelievable. And the response from the distributor is just ridiculous !
If they were sympathetic or offered some help regarding the issues I'd be prepared to work with them, however if I received the kind of standoffish response you received it would go straight back, either willingly or unwillingly.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

caballero wrote:That level of finishing on such an expensive frame is unbelievable. And the response from the distributor is just ridiculous !
If they were sympathetic or offered some help regarding the issues I'd be prepared to work with them, however if I received the kind of standoffish response you received it would go straight back, either willingly or unwillingly.
Yes I was a bit offended too but I find it too much a hassle to send it back, plus I can't bear the wait too. English isn't the dealer's first language too and the tone may come across as being harsh unintentionally. I seriously think Colnago is crazy to clearcoat the stupid sticker and then get angry when people remove it. Well since I can settle it locally I'll just do so, they better foot the full bill though.

@seedster I thought of anodising the brakes gold but I was told each part had to be dismantled to anodise it. I'll look into getting it painted!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bencolem

by bencolem

If it’s any consolation, my lbs has #1 and the paint isn’t remotely right around the lugs either...
D3D99899-7313-451E-87BE-858058B5880C.jpeg
3A155B3E-27EB-4566-A31A-DAA8AB5B084A.jpeg

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

So, the lug problem is fixed and along with it the indent left by the sticker removal was filled as well. Some custom details will be made to the frame and the build can probably start tomorrow. Some parts to be in the build Image
Figure I probably will need a longer stem to try replicate the fit of my Madone H1, and I managed to snag this solid piece of work on ebay at a good price. Much poseur value at 140mm, and the matte finish is really important.

Thought I'll be using the PYC chain I bought but some opinions say this looks better so I'll fit this one on first.

Didn't feel too much of a power loss going back to round rings for my Fuji but I'm excited to go back to oval again.

Went for a DIY matte look

It was pretty tough to not tear out the matte clear coat layer when removing the masking tape, but I think this is decent enough.

Got the bars custom painted since I wanted it to have a matte look too. Told the painter I wanted the lines and logo to be in gold; he says the lines will be thicker and I thought that's ok. End result is rather different from the original though, I'm not 100% into it but it looks fine enough.

ImageImage
The final look of the cockpit is pretty good! It is pretty heavy though.

Which one to use? If I go for the bad ass Zipp cap I'll probably want to cut the steerer flush with the stem top (will probably leave 4mm if using the other caps. The carbon one will have a gold bolt for it, the colnago one is pretty meh, and the Krispy Kreme has a bright pink bolt.

coresare

by coresare

Hi. Lovely build! Have you had a chance to use that Berk Lukna in the past? The huge cut out seems nice to relieve pressure up the middle, but would it increase pressure on the sit bones? That is where I have the most soreness after a long ride. Would you do a century on that saddle? How does it compare to the Lupina if you had experience with both. I'm interested in their new Dila model.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

My other bike has a lukna as well, and it was a gamble when I purchased it. Definitely no pressure in the middle channel, for the sit bones there's slightly more pressure because mine is unpadded but nothing that good bibs can't solve. I rode 175km for my longest ride on it and saddle soreness didn't limit my effort. Never tried a Lupina so can't comment on it but most people seem to like it, and I suspect it will be fine for me too since that I came from a Specialized Toupe before that.

Short saddles are the trend now and I have a good feeling about the Dila too. I suspect they will fit most people better than the Lupina.

Last edited by Kayrehn on Wed May 23, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

it is not unusual to have not perfect paint jobs from colnago. my extreme power italian one had some resprays i could see and not perfect in every area.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

So bike was built up but I'm taking a fortnight away from it cos holiday. I decided to go with compact chainrings instead, so I sold the Carbon-ti ones I had and ordered another in 50t-36t. Mechanic also says the wipperman chain doesn't seem to work well so I'm going to go back to the gold PYC eventually.

Some pictures of the custom decals made

ImageImageImage

Might have went overboard with the gold for some and wife don't like it but I got weird tastes.

ImageImage

I am tempted to put on the gold cap that a friend passed to me... Better than the carbon one?

There is a pair of etap plugs for the holes in the head tube lugs but I just can't stuff it in - any advice?

And is this gap normal?

TonyM

by TonyM

Use some Sugru for the holes

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

gap is normal
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

BikeKingV1r

by BikeKingV1r

That is one sexy bike!!! Keep them pictures coming!

No LTD Gold EE brakes? Lol

mrfish

by mrfish

I like the bars and think rd and brakes with some small gold paint accents and matt black everything else would be good as the black with gold bolts and chain look has been done done too often.

jasonh

by jasonh

Love that bike. My favorite CF bikes are Colnago and Wilier. I would not use the gold cap because mismatched brass and mismatched gold finishes looks incredibly terrible because it’s so incredibly noticeable.
I can’t believe that gap above the fork is normal!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com