Colnago C64 PKWH Dura-Ace Di2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

guyc

by guyc

What size are you thinking of Tommy? I am absolutely over the moon with it and I'm glad I went the extra mile for the Boras. The fit is so bang-on as well. What a frame this is.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

guyc wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:02 pm
What size are you thinking of Tommy? I am absolutely over the moon with it and I'm glad I went the extra mile for the Boras. The fit is so bang-on as well. What a frame this is.
My frames a 56 too guy. But going off the cad drawing @superdomestique made up for me I’m prob looking at beteeen 10-25mm of spacers. I’m fine with that to be honest, I was just trying to get a picture of how it’s going to look. I have all the bits and pieces I need now apart from the cockpit. I’m thinking about Colnago’s bar and stem combo that’s used on the concept. But I have a feeling it’s a bit on the porky side. So I keep going round in circles in my head!

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

Cool job! Italian style always made me crazy!

Ehrmantraut

by Ehrmantraut

Simply superb!

chris8382

by chris8382

guyc wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:08 pm
So, my dream bike. Saved hard for this and it's finally come to be. I picked up on Saturday but waited to have the final wheels fitted today. I rode it for the first time on Monday and it's a staggering bike. Just absolutely perfect in every way. I'm 6'1" amd 83kg and didn't chase weight as an end goal, but the spec is chosen for ride quality and performance first and foremost.

Build was by the superb http://www.servicedevelo.com in Botley, and done by the owner, Mark. I cannot say enough good things about them. Genuinely brilliant from start to finish.

Frameset - C64 PKWH 56”
Stem - 3T Apto Team Stealth 110mm
Bars - 3T SuperErgo Team Stealth carbon 40cm
Saddle - Fizik Antares R1
Wheelset - Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50mm Dark Label
Chainset - Dura-Ace 9100 52/36 175mm with 4iii power meter
Front Mech - Dura-Ace 9150 Di2
Rear Mech - Dura-Ace 9150 Di2
Calipers - Dura-Ace 9100 Direct Mount
Shifters - Dura-Ace 9150 Di2
Pedals - Dura-Ace 9000
Bottom Bracket - C-Bear Ceramic
Bar tape - Fabric Hex
Tyres - Continental GP4000S II 25mm
Tubes - Continental Race Light

We used the new bar-end junction box for a super-clean front-end.

Weighed as above 7.14kg
So, forgive my ignorance, is it possible to get Boras with a shimano free-hub body, or are you using a campy cassette with your build? Great build and making me think about Boras.....

guyc

by guyc

It is indeed. These are Shimano free hub and a DA cassette.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Looks so good I didn't even realise you were running Campag wheels on a Shimano build initially... ;)

Lovely. Tempted by a C64 disc myself, if I could get it in the late model C60 purple colourway!

guyc

by guyc

RichTheRoadie wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:38 am
Looks so good I didn't even realise you were running Campag wheels on a Shimano build initially... ;)

Lovely. Tempted by a C64 disc myself, if I could get it in the late model C60 purple colourway!
:lol:

Cheers Rich - more colours coming next year by all accounts.....and def wait for the internally routed disc models (September I think)!

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

This beautiful machine. I call it "la mejor bicicleta".

Ever since I small boy in tight pants, dreaming being big time bicylist in the streets of Ollantaytambo; Peru I say to my Papa "Papa, one day a man will have the dream and I can only hope to be like them".

You are being the dream and for you I am grateful.

Papa long since dead, killed by a mamba in his bed, but I will prey to papa once I sleeps and tell him about the man from Great Britain who lives the dreams.

Pedalling this must give you increíble feelings in your bibshorts and I would wonder how you pedaler it with big stiffy. I tell Mama, once, someday, when I a working hombre day time a bike like this too make me stiffy.

Enjoys. Respecto mi amigo & vivir largo y prosperar.

Mucho besto.

Diego.

guyc

by guyc

diegogarcia wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:53 pm

Ever since I small boy in tight pants, dreaming being big time bicylist in the streets of Ollantaytambo; Peru I say to my Papa "Papa, one day a man will have the dream and I can only hope to be like them".

Papa long since dead, killed by a mamba in his bed, but I will prey to papa once I sleeps and tell him about the man from Great Britain who lives the dreams.

Pedalling this must give you increíble feelings in your bibshorts and I would wonder how you pedaler it with big stiffy. I tell Mama, once, someday, when I a working hombre day time a bike like this too make me stiffy.

Mucho besto.

Diego.
:lol: :lol:

Alright Pete :wink:

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

guyc wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:55 pm
diegogarcia wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:53 pm

Mucho besto.

Diego.

:lol: :lol:

Alright Pete :wink:
Not too bad. Rumbled again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lewn777

by Lewn777

I think that is sexy as f---. Some would consider it heresy not to run Campag, although I'd love to do the same thing with a red accented frame and SRAM red etap. Same wheels obviously. :-)

MiddMan

by MiddMan

That’s a nice looking build, beautiful proportions too.

Alas, at my height it seems that if I ever get one I’d most likely be a 58s which I don’t think would have the same balanced look as the 56s. Probably just as fun though ;) Enjoy!

guyc

by guyc

Thanks chaps!!

I'm a heretic :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I can't help it... I will probalby keep circling back for a peek at this for some time to come....
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ