Crumpton: Round #2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KCookie

by KCookie

Ryan, there's some brand new EEs over in the for sale section.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

I saw those but I can get new at the same price with warranty.

I took it for a quick spin, but won't have much real feedback til I get my replacement front LW next week. The Nemesis are super cush so I won't make any comments about that til I get a carbon set on it. Di2 felt much more intuitive this time around after having been on 9100 for awhile, but the hoods are super slim, I much prefer the shifter shape of the 9100 shifters.

Here it is with Nemesis since these are my only functioning wheels at the moment (pardon the big big):

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Wow! You scored with that frame. It is beautiful.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Damn son....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

muffinman

by muffinman

That looks good with the ambrosios

LouisN

by LouisN

Agreed :thumbup: !!

Louis :)

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

;)

Https://www.bespokecycling.com/blog/com ... e-wheelset

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

RyanH

by RyanH

Yeah... No... Given my propensity to break wheels (Tune Skylines and the Gipfelsturms) I'm going to pass on purchasing new LW.

I got a new stem in today which was supposed to match the TT angle but doesn't quite seem like it's a match. Rather confused since it's a 5.4* Slope, 73 hta and - 12 stem... Should be spot on. Any who, this puts my drop closer to the Litespeed around 10cm. Gained almost 30g...going the wrong way...

I also got my replacement front Lightweight in today. Glued it up this morning and went on a ginger ride in the afternoon. I definitely miss these.

I'd like to get my front repaired but ran into an issue where USPS will not ship a bike box to Slovenia. Seems the dimensions are fine for everywhere else in the EU but max to Slovenia is like 23". FedEx wants $350 each way...
20180319_164038~2.jpg

KCookie

by KCookie

Looks great Ryan, but will you remove the logos on the new front wheel to match the rear. Might save a gram to. Lol. !!!

RyanH

by RyanH

So, I've been dealing with creaking right now and rattling. Rattling is coming from the Di2 paddles, any suggestions? It's annoying as hell.

There's a thread on here that suggests the issue is a long running one with di2 and I guess the fix is a drop of silicone glue.

Creaking has me stumped. It clicks every crank revolution but only if I put my weight far back or sit near the back of the saddle while climbing. I'm 80% sure it happens without any weight on the saddle as long as I shift my weight far enough back. If I pedal softly I can't really get it to create and I can get a faint creak out of the saddle up a steep climb sometimes. I don't think it makes sense to be the BB, right? I loctited that and it's one of those thread together pf30 thm bottom brackets.

I forgot I was supposed to check the chainrings too before I try to undo the BB and risk damaging the BB area.

It's possible the extra weight in the rear triangle is causing the seat stays to put enough pressure to cause the click in the seat tube crack. That's the only thing that makes sense.

glepore

by glepore

Aside from a brake not returning fully, there is some chatter on the web about cables making noise against the shifter body. If its that you should be able to make it stop temporarily by changing grip.

Assume you've cleaned/tightened/ greased the rear skewer?
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

RyanH

by RyanH

Yeah, it was happening with Nemesis on Campy skewers and the Lightweights with LW skewers. I also took the seatpost out entirely and rode up my street and could still get it to happen.

Regarding the Di2 shifters, I forgot to add that if I press my fingers outward on the shift buttons (from the inside) while riding over bumpy stuff, it's quiet as a peep. I supposed it could still be brake cable related so I'll check that too.

themidge

by themidge

Is it that crack in the seat tube? Putting weight over the back of the bike might cause some deflection and therefore potential for movement and creaking.
Bike looks pretty good, especially with the LWs :thumbup:

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Looks great with the LWs... really really good. The seatpost seems an odd shade compared to the rest of the bike (maybe it's just the light)?

RyanH

by RyanH

themidge wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:06 pm
Is it that crack in the seat tube? Putting weight over the back of the bike might cause some deflection and therefore potential for movement and creaking.
Bike looks pretty good, especially with the LWs :thumbup:
I'm actually kind of hoping it's that but am concerned it's something else. I was hoping that putting my finger over the crack would dull the noise but that I'm having trouble pedaling and getting the noise to happen while having my finger on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com