Ritchey Road Logic Heritage - Build thread - Complete

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

May as well start this post now. Bit of a back story. The Road Logic is one of those frames I've always wanted but never actually committed to buying. The 2017/18 was starting to look like an no-brainer with the extra clearance for 30c tyres, the only downside was that I'm not a huge fan of the colour. Jumping back to I received a call from our supplier to let me know they had something coming that I would be interested in. Was told it was a Logic in Heritage colours, no firm eta, no firm price, limited to 100 and needed an order by the end of the week. Obviously the best idea here was to jump at it.

So after months of waiting the shipment is due to land on the 8th of March. So it's almost time to start building.

Build wise will be going Campagnolo, but just a few final bits to work out.

Complete at 8.6kg

Frame: Ritchey Road Logic - 57 - 1900 grams
Fork: Ritchey Road Logic - uncut - 420 grams
Headset: Ritchey WCS - 69 grams
Seatpost: Fizik R5 27.2 - uncut - 306 grams
Seat: Specialized Power - 237 grams
Stem: 3T ARX2 130mm w/ Ti Bolts - 155 grams
Bar: 3T Tornova Pro 40cm - 244 grams
Bartape: Bontrager Cork - No weight
Bottle Cage: King Ti Cage x2 - 58 grams (set)
Outer Cables: Campagnolo
Inner Cables: Campagnolo
Brakes: ee Brakes: 173.9 grams (set)
Front derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record
Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record
Crankset: Rotor 3d 175mm + SRM - 675 grams
Bottom Bracket: BB Infinite BSA30 - 62 grams
Chainrings: Rotor noQ 53/39
Chainring bolt: Sworks Torx (need to replace asap)
Chain: Campagnolo Record
Shifters: Campagnolo Super Record
Cassette: Miche 12-29
Wheels: DT Swiss R1.1 + Campagnolo Record Hubs
Skewers: Campagnolo
Inntertubes: Misc
Tires: Pirelli P-Zero 28c
Pedals: Shimano Ultegra 6700
Last edited by glam2deaf on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

kidrob

by kidrob

Saw it on the Ritchey website last week and loved it immediately. Looking forawrd to see your build!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roel W

by Roel W

I can totally understand you. The Road Logic is also on my wishlist. I had the chance to test a bike last year during a weekend. It ride's like a blast.
The 2018 is a nice (extra tire clearance) but the grey color was more understated.
Looking forward to your build.

Kazyole

by Kazyole

Gorgeous paint job on that. Can't wait to see it built up.

30mm clearance is no joke as well.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Roel W wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:15 pm
I can totally understand you. The Road Logic is also on my wishlist. I had the chance to test a bike last year during a weekend. It ride's like a blast.
The 2018 is a nice (extra tire clearance) but the grey color was more understated.
Looking forward to your build.
Yeah if they had done this frame in that original grey I would have one by now I think. Guess it's lucky they didn't so I got the chance to jump on something special like this.

I've got a thing for Ritchey's

rajMAN

by rajMAN

Lovely frame and paintwork reminds me of the old Carrera days, looking forward to the build. :D

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

First part has arrived. Bottom bracket from BB infinite. Saw a post on Bike Rumour the other night and it sounded perfect. Ceramic bearings, light weight, clearance for a power meter and the best part was it could be installed with a Shimano BB tool. My previous experience with the WheelsMFG BSA30 was ut requires a specific tool which I can never find. Also as a plug for the company, I ordered Friday, and it arrived here in NZ Monday lunch time.
Weight actually lighter than claimed

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

From suprisingly light to suprisingly heavy.... The seat post, was after something black and simple to start with. My hunt lead me to the Fizik Cyrano R5 (27.2/400mm). Being alloy I was expecting heavy, but not 300+. Cutting it down will shave some weight, and was also planning on removing the graphics to tidy it up a bit. Has anyone tried it before? I'm guessing some aesctone and elbow grease will do it?

Fiery

by Fiery

It looks like the lighter gray parts might be etched, so that won’t be removable. The rest should go qickly with some acetone

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Some of the final new pieces are rolling in.

King Titanium Cages - 29 grams. I could go lighter (tune, etc) but they wouldn't look this good.

Frame is expected to arrive today. I can see inwards from my desk, so I'm keeping an eye on the couriers all morning.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

It's arrived!

Quick weights out of the box:
Frame, with bottle cage and seat bolts - 1900 grams

Fork, uncut - 420 grams

Headset - 69 grams

Expander + Top Cap - 41 grams (This will be replaced immediately with my ee expander)

Problem Solvers FD Clamp - 30 grams

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Also frame looks pretty good too:

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Please get yourself a parlee or mcfk front derailleur clamp, the steel tubing is very thin and the one you have right now will possably damage it when you tighten the bolt a fraction to much. On top of that, it looks less bulky.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Frankie - B wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:52 am
Please get yourself a parlee or mcfk front derailleur clamp, the steel tubing is very thin and the one you have right now will possably damage it when you tighten the bolt a fraction to much. On top of that, it looks less bulky.
Thanks for the heads up Frankie. I've used the same clamp on my swiss cross with no problems, however I will install carefully.

Looks like it will be a parlee clamp that is going on there, MCFK don't appear to make them anymore.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

During this downtime I did a bunch of building, though not a lot of weighing. Managed to get a couple of bits on the scales.

3T ARX2 Stem - 130x17 with Ti Bolts - 155 grams

3T Tornova Pro - 40cm - 244 grams - I love the shape of these, the flat top is a nice upgrade from a Rotundo.

EE top cap and expander - 10grams - works well and looks good too, tempted to go back to my never quit top cap though.