CAAD12 Black Inc. Di2 build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

djel

by djel

rexyi1990 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:39 am
pretty cool building! How do you feel about the handlebar, I think the reach of it is too large
The reach is long-ish but I run a 110mm stem; I like them they're comfortable and light enough. I didn't have a chance to ride the bike outside yet, but I think they will flex a bit.

I had my fit yesterday and I'm happy with the position. I've a temporary Power saddle as they didn't stock the S-Works and I will cut the steerer flush with the top of the stem as soon as I get the chance. It's not slammed but I'm working on the flexibility of my hamstrings.

For those interested, this is a R8000 11-32 cassette with a R8050 dis SS derailleur; it works perfectly fine despite the 30T recommended 'limit'.

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

djel wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:40 am
rexyi1990 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:39 am
pretty cool building! How do you feel about the handlebar, I think the reach of it is too large
The reach is long-ish but I run a 110mm stem; I like them they're comfortable and light enough. I didn't have a chance to ride the bike outside yet, but I think they will flex a bit.

I had my fit yesterday and I'm happy with the position. I've a temporary Power saddle as they didn't stock the S-Works and I will cut the steerer flush with the top of the stem as soon as I get the chance. It's not slammed but I'm working on the flexibility of my hamstrings.

For those interested, this is a R8000 11-32 cassette with a R8050 dis SS derailleur; it works perfectly fine despite the 30T recommended 'limit'.
Great to hear that and again, NICE JOB! Happy riding! :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ggman

by ggman

Looking nice! What's the final weight coming in at?
2017 CAAD12 Black Inc (budget-ish build in planning stage https://goo.gl/Mh4PZg)

djel

by djel

Finished the build a while ago but I'm selling the bike as I bought a new do-it-all bike.

Final weight was 7kg with the water cages.

Focus Izalco Max Disc 2020 11 spd eTap w/ LB AR56

kofsw4

by kofsw4

Great looking Focus, congrats! How are you finding it?

A few questions if you don't mind:

Is it a 54 like the Caad? What is your saddle height?

How much does it weigh with the etap and LB wheels?

How much clearance is left with the 28mm GP5000s on 23mm internal rims, enough to run the same tyre on the wider LB rims like WR50 or is it quite tight already?

Thanks!

djel

by djel

I love it! It's the first bike I absolutely fell in love with from the very first ride. I like the minimalist look without 100 logos and the cables are fully integrated. It's quite compliant and comfortable, but the position is agressive. It's a 54cm and I obtained the same stack & reach as my CAAD (about 74.5mm BB to saddle).

I have not weighted yet but it's a not a WW. Focus listed it at 7.4kg without pedals. The AR56 with 240S are light-ish, but it's not a light bike.

There's plenty of clearance to be honest...you can probably run 32mm tires with no issue. The 28mm are stretching to 30mm and there is still plenty of splace.
kofsw4 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:45 pm
Great looking Focus, congrats! How are you finding it?

A few questions if you don't mind:

Is it a 54 like the Caad? What is your saddle height?

How much does it weigh with the etap and LB wheels?

How much clearance is left with the 28mm GP5000s on 23mm internal rims, enough to run the same tyre on the wider LB rims like WR50 or is it quite tight already?

Thanks!

kofsw4

by kofsw4

That's great to hear, thanks! I'm thinking about upgrading my 2016 izalco disc but my saddle height is 76.5 which is going to result in an even more aggressive position on a 54

voidjava

by voidjava

Can you please tell us what bottom bracket you use and IF you use any spacers to fit this crankset?

djel

by djel

voidjava wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:41 pm
Can you please tell us what bottom bracket you use and IF you use any spacers to fit this crankset?
I used the Rotor BB30A and I don't remember using spacers, just the wave washer.

WilliamTrocado

by WilliamTrocado

Hey Guys,
I'm building a CAAD12 Disc with Ultegra Di2 (R8050/8070) and now I'm front of a doubt.
How did you route the Di2 cables around BB?
There is any cable guide?
My biggest concern is spindle cut of the cables (mainly the battery and FD cables).
If you have pics, please share.