Belgian beauty

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fluffy

by fluffy

About 3 months ago, I had a really stupid accident on training. I broke my collar bone, but worse, I broke my Look 565 frame. Because the insurrance compagnies are fighting whose client is responsible, I have to wait till at least march 2007 to know if I can get any compensation. Of course I can't wait so long, so I got me a cheaper frame for now, to get me through the winter.

Frame: Prorace Scylla (Belgian producer, claimed weight: sub 1kg)
Groupset: Shimano Dura Ace
Wheelset: Easton Vista (training)
Mavic Classic Pro (classic races)
Lightweight Standard (climbing)
Tyres: Schwalbe Stelvio, Veloflex Pavé and Vittoria Evo-cx (tubulars)
Pedals: Crankbrothers Quattro Titanium
Bar: Ritchey WCS Classic
Stem: Time Monolink
Seatpost: Prorace Gemini
Bottlecages: Prorace Carbon
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Carbonio Kit
Bar Tape: FSA carbon

First impression: feels lighter and a lot stiffer than my Look 565. And this for a frame € 500 less expensive!!!

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures.

Training version:

Classical version:

Lightweight version:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fluffy

by fluffy

So who am I?

I'm Yves, a 24 years old bike addict. I've been bitten by the virus about 11 years ago. Almost immediately I started racing and I have been doing that until my second year with the espoirs. Lack of time was the reason I quit racing, but I never stopped riding for pleasure. 2 years ago I got the great opportunity to start working in a bike shop. The contacts with my old friends made me hungry again for competition and so last year I started again.
In my bikes, I search for a combination of wheight, stiffness and comfort. I like to ride different sorts of tracks and want my bike to be able to ride on the Flemish cobblestones as well to ride the French mountains.
I'm not much of a speaker on forums, but I like to read and to know other men their opinions and to use them in my daily profession.
So now you all know me a little bit better, I wish everyone the best of luck with their "bikelife".

Wim

by Wim

Welkom op weightweenies yves!!! Nice ride indeed!

Pietalala

by Pietalala

Whats the weight of this beauty?

fluffy

by fluffy

It should be flirting with 7kg, but I have to find a scales to know the exact weight.

Luc

by Luc

Very, very, very nice build, fluffy !

:thumbup:
Pollice verso.

fluffy

by fluffy

Thanks for the kind reactions. I have a question for the Belgian weightweenies. Does anyone know where to get a Litespeed or Merlin in Belgium. They seem very hard to get, but in 2007 I'm thinking of making a dream projekt with one of those.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

fluffy wrote:Thanks for the kind reactions. I have a question for the Belgian weightweenies. Does anyone know where to get a Litespeed or Merlin in Belgium. They seem very hard to get, but in 2007 I'm thinking of making a dream projekt with one of those.

Nice wheels, fluffy! :D

I think I can help you with the Litespeed question. At this moment there's no Litespeed/Merlin importer in Belgium, but in the Netherlands it's done through Van Herwerden bike shop. Also there's Herbert from Litespeed here on the forum; he should be able to help you out. Or belgian WW Rickyfirst; he's from the Liège neighbourhood and purchased a custom Vortex earlier this year. Feel free to drop me a mail if you have any further questions.

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Belgium got one dealer;

Chamizo Fietsen BVBA
Liersesteenweg 88
Sint Katelijne Waver,
info@chamizo.be

breker

by breker

I am gona ride the same frame!
I hope to have it in a few weeks, my team ride pro race end the scylla is verry good of what I heard

this is my training bike (last year racing)

Pietalala

by Pietalala

Kuiper wrote:Belgium got one dealer;

Chamizo Fietsen BVBA
Liersesteenweg 88
Sint Katelijne Waver,
info@chamizo.be

Sorry if there is anyone from Chamizo on the forum....

Dont go there! Way to expensive..

fluffy

by fluffy

I spoke with Herbert in Friedrichshafen, but lost his businesscart. Maybe I can contact him on this forum.
Does anybody know how things are with taxes?

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

fluffy wrote:I spoke with Herbert in Friedrichshafen, but lost his businesscart. Maybe I can contact him on this forum.
Does anybody know how things are with taxes?

I still have his business card. :D

Drop him a mail on his account at work: herbert@litespeed.com or herbertk@americanbicyclegroup.com. :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rickyfirst

by Rickyfirst

C a s r a n wrote:
fluffy wrote:Thanks for the kind reactions. I have a question for the Belgian weightweenies. Does anyone know where to get a Litespeed or Merlin in Belgium. They seem very hard to get, but in 2007 I'm thinking of making a dream projekt with one of those.

Nice wheels, fluffy! :D

I think I can help you with the Litespeed question. At this moment there's no Litespeed/Merlin importer in Belgium, but in the Netherlands it's done through Van Herwerden bike shop. Also there's Herbert from Litespeed here on the forum; he should be able to help you out. Or belgian WW Rickyfirst; he's from the Liège neighbourhood and purchased a custom Vortex earlier this year. Feel free to drop me a mail if you have any further questions.

I purchased my frame from a french bike shop Starbike in Maçon. This is a shop which is directly link with the host of this website Starbike Germany.