Eriksen Ti Disc Road

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Spotted this on the Eriksen Facebook page and struggled to ignore it - it was a customer order that wasn't completed (for whatever reason), and the geometry was absolutely bang-on for me so it played on my mind *a lot*. I wasn't sure about the external rear hose routing or the polished logos, but decided to give it a go when the Aussie dollar strengthened against the US$ recently.

Pics don't do those chain stays - or any of the rest of it, for that matter - justice. The welds are *sublime*, and the polished logos are now one of my favourite features. I even like the external hose routing as it's so easy to work with and gives the bike a very functional aesthetic from the non-drive side. Reminds me of my first disc brake MTB!

ORIGINAL POST:

Some pics:

More here.

Initially setup as follows:

• Eriksen custom Ti disc road frame (12x142mm thru-axle rear)
• Columbus Futura disc fork (12x100mm thru-axle)
• Hope headset
• eTap HRD flat mount disc group (160mm rotors)
• Rotor 3D+ chainset (172.5mm)
• Praxis rings (52/36)
• C-Bear ceramic BB
• Zipp SSR bars
• Purple Supacaz bar tape (for now)
• Fizik R1 stem (for now)
• Fizik 00 post (for now)
• SQlab 612 Ergowave Carbon saddle
• Arundel Mandible cages
• DT Swiss PRC1400 centerlock carbon clincher wheelset (for now)
• Challenge Paris-Roubaix clincher tyres

The seat post will change for the Eriksen Sweetpost as soon as I can justify it, which will mean having to change the saddle for the Ti rail version. I might then also change the stem for something a little more bling (Enve, THM, Mcfk or similar); and I'm tempted by the titanium Control Tech bars to offset the stem and match the frame. Needless to say the bar tape will be an ever-moving feast.

Also, the Challenge P-Rs are being swapped out for the same tyres in the very light tan-coloured 'SC S' version; and it looks like I now have a Corima WS 47mm disc wheelset on the way - although they're unfortunately a couple of hundred grams heavier than these DTs.

As ever, a few changes already planned, so the weight will go up a bit from where it is... which is... yet to be found out. My Park scales need new batteries and I keep forgetting to replace them :oops:

Ride-wise, it's a delight. Buttery smooth, but not at all 'soft' - helped by those stout 1" chain stays for sure. I was hoping to try some wider rubber on it as it was built for 32s; but these '27c' Challenge P-Rs measure at 30.4mm and I wouldn't want to go much wider in the chain stays as it is, hence replacing with the same tyres in a different finish.

Updates to follow!

MOST RECENT BUILD:

Latest pic(s):

Currently setup as follows:

• Eriksen custom Ti disc road frame (12x142mm thru-axle rear)
• Columbus Futura disc fork (12x100mm thru-axle)
• Hope headset
• eTap HRD flat mount disc group (160mm rotors)
• Rotor 3D+ chainset (172.5mm)
• Praxis rings (52/36)
• C-Bear ceramic BB
• Zipp SSR bars
• Purple Lizard Skins DSP bar tape
• Fizik R1 stem
• Fizik 00 post
• SQlab 612 Ergowave Carbon saddle
• Arundel Mandible cages
• Corima 47WS Disc carbon clincher wheels (not mine - I have them on review)
• Grand Bois Cypres 30c (32mm) clincher tyres

Weight: TBC
Last edited by RichTheRoadie on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wookski

by Wookski

Marin wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:12 pm
weight?
Read the post

Marin

by Marin

Ah found it now. Couldn't be bothered to read the parts list and only did a ctrl-f

grover

by grover

So good! Must be the season for bargain USA ti heading down under. I just received a Mosaic disc frame in very similar circumstances. Similar build too! So lovely. Not especially light. But a keeper for sure! It's going to take me on a lot of adventures...

hmai18

by hmai18

That C-bear logo on the NDS chainstay needs to go. If you need the QR code for warranty or service reasons, there's got to be some drawer you can keep it in at home.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I was given the BB by C-Bear to use - a bit of harmless promotion in return is the least I can do.

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

That is a very nice bike.

michel2

by michel2

id be hard for any one to beat Brad in a dime stacking competition !! what a score ! what size rotor's are you running ?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I know - those welds are so damn clean!

Rotors are 160mm.

guyc

by guyc

This is just lovely Rich.

Big birthday for me next year and I’d already decided that I’ll finally go Ti for a new bike. Discs and Di2. This has just confirmed that. I’m finding a lot of carbon stuff just isn’t exciting me too much these days.

Lovely build. Classy.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Thanks Guy.

Big birthday year for me this year - this makes it feel like I’ve got an early jump on that!

guyc

by guyc

Happy early birthday then. Looking forward to hearing more about how this beauty rides.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Back to the purple Lizard Skins tape (much nicer than the Supacaz; and a better shade of purple), tyres switched to Grand Bois Cypres (turns out the Challenge P-R SC S have a pure white sidewall, which wasn't for me) and the Corima 47 WS wheelset is now on (these aren't my wheels, so I can't remove the shouty white logo):

Still no weight - I'll get to it...
Last edited by RichTheRoadie on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jever98

by jever98

Very nice build, congrats!
----
No longer in the industry