Stinner Gibraltar Custom

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

em3

by em3

Very nice ride! The Spec kit looks great on the frame....skinny and shiny to match the steel tubes. Looking forward to hearing more about the ride feel and the build, including: bare frame weight? tubing? Wishing u nicer weather so u can enjoy ur new ride?

stephenjwhan

by stephenjwhan

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:51 am
Wow. Beautiful color. Is this steel or Ti?

Now I wish I had painted my custom Ti frame. I was worried about the weight of the paint but the paint sure makes the entire bike pop. My bike looks boring in comparison to yours.
This ones steel. The pearled turquoise so looks even better in person IMO. Direct light on the pearl finish brings out a really cool bright green tint.

I love raw Ti with black ENVE fork and debated doing that myself for my Mosaic, but decided to get that one painted as well. I'll be posting that one shortly too!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stephenjwhan

by stephenjwhan

Roel W wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:10 pm
Stunning Stinner!! Love the subtle paint scheme.
However I would prefer slim steel bottle cages.
S-Works cockpit looks fine but you could also have considered Fizik cockpits as they are also very subtle and not too expensive.

16.5lb = 7.4kg metric? Not too bad for a modern steel bike.

Please more detailled shots!
I'm debating ordering another set of King Cages. I have a set of the Ti cages on my Mosaic and I love them.
Considered Fizik, but the logos are a little much for me and I wanted to avoid any squared off stems on bike with all round tubing.

More to come !

stephenjwhan

by stephenjwhan

em3 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:35 pm
Very nice ride! The Spec kit looks great on the frame....skinny and shiny to match the steel tubes. Looking forward to hearing more about the ride feel and the build, including: bare frame weight? tubing? Wishing u nicer weather so u can enjoy ur new ride?
Thanks ! That's exactly what I was going for. I'll update the post asap with more photos/details and ride report once the snow goes away

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

Great looking build!

cassard

by cassard

Awesome build ! I can't wait to receive my components and build my own stinner !!!

Roel W

by Roel W

stephenjwhan wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:08 pm
Roel W wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:10 pm
Stunning Stinner!! Love the subtle paint scheme.
However I would prefer slim steel bottle cages.
S-Works cockpit looks fine but you could also have considered Fizik cockpits as they are also very subtle and not too expensive.

16.5lb = 7.4kg metric? Not too bad for a modern steel bike.

Please more detailled shots!
I'm debating ordering another set of King Cages. I have a set of the Ti cages on my Mosaic and I love them.
Considered Fizik, but the logos are a little much for me and I wanted to avoid any squared off stems on bike with all round tubing.

More to come !
Looking forward too more pics.
Unfortunately I've never seen a Stinner in the flesh as I live in continental Europe.

About the cockpit choice: a painted stem and bar in the same color (as the frame as you see on most Speedvagens, Stinner, ....) would also be nice.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Well done... was just thinking about painting my ti frame in this color. Seeing yoir stinner just made my mind up on the color choice. Great build ... love it

stephenjwhan

by stephenjwhan

CLEAR wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:43 pm
Well done... was just thinking about painting my ti frame in this color. Seeing yoir stinner just made my mind up on the color choice. Great build ... love it
Nice ! Raw ti is sweet but I love painted metal frames. What frame are you painting?

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Im painting my old trusty Litespeed T1. In fitur ivory or white metallic. And lynskey classic 30th anniv in Teal/celeste or hot pink/fuschia... ya i know 😉

cassard

by cassard

do you have any more pictures ? it could give me a really good idea for my stinner.

I'm still debating between wheel depth ! I really like this size but not sure if it's to big !

bura

by bura

Great clean build. Good not see a third color on your bike.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

stephenjwhan

by stephenjwhan

cassard wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:19 am
do you have any more pictures ? it could give me a really good idea for my stinner.

I'm still debating between wheel depth ! I really like this size but not sure if it's to big !
I have a set of ENVE SES 3.4 clinchers on my Mosaic. Anything smaller than a medium-ish frame I would recommend something like a 3.4 depth. But I really like how my 4.5 look on this Stinner.

stephenjwhan

by stephenjwhan

updated - more pics of final build and full build list in original post

martinkartin

by martinkartin

Stunning build! Love the colour and subtle design overall!
Factor O2 Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com