FINALLY!! My new Evo Hi Mod build - 4.78kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

:thumbup:
Looks like a well considered and infinitely useable bike

Looks good in photos...must look even better in real life

Are you using tubs for all your riding? I'd like to know how it works out particularly in terms of punctures...similar roads here on the Mainland :D
Last edited by Squashednuts on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Thanks! Well the tubs are on to get used to and I'll use for hilly rides on nice summers days. I'll carry a can of Vittoria Pitstop in case I puncture to get me home. My regular wheels will be my Enve classic 45 clinchers

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Stoked for you Sir. You could always try the Extralite expander. I'm using it in the hi mod fork. Then you get to use that expensive bolt and save another 7/8g!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Thanks. I drew a lot of inspiration from your build obviously.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Updated parts list in red in first post. I'm pleased the pedals are still holding up. The change that theremery made to them of injecting carbon/epoxy between the plates to provide support seems to have done the trick in their durability

lethalstrike

by lethalstrike

dereksmalls wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:01 am
Updated parts list in red in first post. I'm pleased the pedals are still holding up. The change that theremery made to them of injecting carbon/epoxy between the plates to provide support seems to have done the trick in their durability
Nice Supersix you have here!

What's the bottom bracket standard of this frame? From the website it states pressfit bb30a and yet for the crank, it states pf30a so I'm confused.

C36

by C36

lethalstrike wrote:
dereksmalls wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:01 am
Nice Supersix you have here!

What's the bottom bracket standard of this frame? From the website it states pressfit bb30a and yet for the crank, it states pf30a so I'm confused.
Supersix evo2 hm are pf30a (note than 2016 non hm were bb30) even if labelled bb30a

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Just updated the build list. I took out the Cane Creek AER upper assembly as the bushing kept getting munched. So it's swapped out for an FSA SL top bearing. I also took off the Cane Creek dust cover and replaced it with the stock compression ring and a Veloflyte carbon dust cover. Way better.

The other changes made are I swapped out the bar tape from the Deda to my preferred Lizards Skin 1.8. Way comfier now. Currently for my daily riding I'm running my old Enve Classic 45 clinchers, however the brake pads suck, even with EE brakes. So I swapped them out for Wheelworks Maker blue pads. Way bitier now. I'll leave them in when I put the light wheels back on as well so that saves me swapping pads. I'll get some updated photos soon

jbaillie

by jbaillie

There are a handful of sub-5k bikes on the forum but many (I'd say most) of them do not seem rideable in any practical sense.

This bike looks like one that can really be used - nothing so "tuned" that it's dicey on the road, and quality components across the board. Bravo.

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

wheelWorks are a top manufacturer IMO

I run a set of WheelWorks Maker Discs
Owned for about 16 months, probably 15k km

Still straight & true even though 99% has been on Christchurch's dodgy roads

Not surprised that brake pads are good...
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

So here’s a crappy photo of it set up with the Enve 45s with Veloflex Masters and Vredestein latex tubes. Campag Chorus 11sp cassette. So without the bottles etc, this set up is 5.6kgImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

betwo

by betwo

I loved these cages

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

fantastic built!

dgasmd

by dgasmd

dereksmalls wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:35 am
Fiberlyte inner cage and pulleys
Back several years ago, I also swapped the pulleys and rear cage like you did with the same result of the screws hitting the spokes. That was back on Record 10Sp stuff almost 7-8 years ago. Never got it to be rub-free, so replaced them for the originals. Seems like they are still having the same issues even with 11 sp stuff!!!

Not a big fan of Cannondale aesthetically, but this bike is one of the few true WW bikes to be built and documented here in the last year. Love it as it is not like in the old days when people was filing and drilling stuff. All off the shelf and very reliable/usable. Chapeau!!! :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

jbaillie wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:35 am
There are a handful of sub-5k bikes on the forum but many (I'd say most) of them do not seem rideable in any practical sense.

This bike looks like one that can really be used - nothing so "tuned" that it's dicey on the road, and quality components across the board. Bravo.
Thanks!