2018 Dogma Xlight Froomey colorway

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Meccanica

by Meccanica

survivor wrote:Nice build! What's your height? Wondering about the choices between size 47 vs 50.

Great to see that the EE brakes work with size 50 frame. I had trouble installing them on my size 47 F8. Might need to consider size 50 for next build.
I'm 5'6 if I standup really straight :)

Some pictures on my Instagram @esp_meccanica standing next to the F10 https://www.instagram.com/esp_meccanica/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Having had my F10 in operation for a number of weeks now I can completely understand when you mention how your F10XL puts a big smile on your face. The interesting thing is how it continues to reveal with new discoveries, like the ride, decending, and a very perceptible jump in efficiency from my other bike. Very glad yours in working out so well for you! Its a real beauty!

eforce123

by eforce123

great read and following on IG now. I am in the brutal heat of Inland empire

Meccanica

by Meccanica

Bridgeman wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:47 pm
Having had my F10 in operation for a number of weeks now I can completely understand when you mention how your F10XL puts a big smile on your face. The interesting thing is how it continues to reveal with new discoveries, like the ride, decending, and a very perceptible jump in efficiency from my other bike. Very glad yours in working out so well for you! Its a real beauty!
Still loving it? I echo everything you said, it's just such a pleasure to ride, when I ride one of my other bikes, or a buddies bike I feel like its a serious downgrade. I just love everything about the F10 for sure way more machine than I am rider, but it certainly convinces me to try and go faster! :D
eforce123 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:27 am
great read and following on IG now. I am in the brutal heat of Inland empire
Dude seriously, its super hot down here right now too.... Thanks for the follow! :) Let me know if you ever ride down here! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

eforce123

by eforce123

New to this sport/hobby. I did the San Diego century ride (65miles one) a few months ago. Beautiful weather all day long
I was born in SD but I do like corona, it just gets warm in the summer

AyBee

by AyBee

Can't believe nobody asked - is the Aventador yours too? 8)

Bike is nice as well :)

Meccanica

by Meccanica

AyBee wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:19 pm
Can't believe nobody asked - is the Aventador yours too? 8)

Bike is nice as well :)
I am more of a Ferrari guy myself :P We took a bunch of pictures at Cars and Coffee in La Jolla. :thumbup:

survivor

by survivor

It has been almost a year, do you still like your F10 X-Light as you initially bought it? Any pros and cons to share of long term usage?

Meccanica

by Meccanica

survivor wrote:It has been almost a year, do you still like your F10 X-Light as you initially bought it? Any pros and cons to share of long term usage?
So it's an XLight and my only road bike although I have a gravel and a MTB my road bike gets the most use by a lot. I was worried about the longevity and the weaker carbon layup. However, it's been flawless in terms of the frame.

I've owned other higher end road bikes, and none of them compare to what an absolute weapon the F10 is in any condition, climbing, flats, cornering, or descending. It's so confident.

I have had to replace the headset due to sweat and moisture but that's the only thing included with the frame I've had to replace.

I'm not too happy with the Enve wheels, and wish I had gone for Zipps with the new hubs or Lightweights. I just blew up the rear on a climb and my buddy snapped a spoke on his enves the very next day too?

Bottom line, the F10 makes me smile every ride.

survivor

by survivor

Meccanica wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:19 am
So it's an XLight and my only road bike although I have a gravel and a MTB my road bike gets the most use by a lot. I was worried about the longevity and the weaker carbon layup. However, it's been flawless in terms of the frame.

I've owned other higher end road bikes, and none of them compare to what an absolute weapon the F10 is in any condition, climbing, flats, cornering, or descending. It's so confident.

I have had to replace the headset due to sweat and moisture but that's the only thing included with the frame I've had to replace.

I'm not too happy with the Enve wheels, and wish I had gone for Zipps with the new hubs or Lightweights. I just blew up the rear on a climb and my buddy snapped a spoke on his enves the very next day too?

Bottom line, the F10 makes me smile every ride.
Thanks for the updates. Looking into the F10 and X-Light but wondering whether should hold out for F11(?). It's a big investment and F10 is a small improvements to F8.

F8 was launched in May 2014 and F10 was launched in January 2017. If the launch cycle are somewhat similar, we are likely to see some new Dogma in 2019.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

my pinarello prince fp felt more quick than my f10.

survivor

by survivor

mike wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:49 pm
my pinarello prince fp felt more quick than my f10.
That is surprising. Care to elaborate more? Thanks.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

the prince climbed better and felt like it can take more speed, whatever you throw at it.

r3m

by r3m

Really nice build ! I would like to see this bike with pair of LW Meileinstein ;)

Meccanica

by Meccanica

r3m wrote:Really nice build ! I would like to see this bike with pair of LW Meileinstein ;)
Me too, especially after I blew up my rear enve a few weekends ago and had to have it rebuilt. I just can't get past the price tag.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com