SPEEDVAGEN Road

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Lovely bike of course.

FWIW I just can't get past my thought that these sorts of bikes look much better with appropriately shallow wheels. Even the shallower Zipps are too much IMO.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

dak wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:48 pm
Delorre wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:54 pm

Could you get your desired drop with a (debadged) -10° Pro stem? Or a -12° Extralite? That would lovely match the top tube angle. Otherwise, nothing I would change.
+1. I think a -10/12 deg would look way better, but otherwise awesome bike and build!

How is the ride? I am trying to decide between a steel, Ti, or Carbon / Ti combo for my next bike. Only have experience on carbon bikes and not sure which way to go.
Yea I'm sure I will try a -10/12 deg stem soon.

As far as the ride here are some of my thoughts so far.........

Day 1

I have not had a chance to do a lot of riding yet, but so far this SpeedVagen is amazing

Its just so fun to ride, it feels light and right throughout the ride, it makes you feel like you lost 10 lbs.

I'll give a more detailed report after more rides but there's a big grin on my face and these thoughts keep going through my head........Quick, light, smooth, fast, exciting, instant, fresh, so fun, so smooth.

I'm still thinking all those thoughts today so I can add memorable, it makes you look for excuses to go somewhere just to ride it.

Day 2

I got a bit of time to ride and try out her climbing legs, about 1200ft in 8 miles, man she likes to climb. Everything is so direct, so instant and alive feeling. Frames like this are why people say carbon feels dead. This bike begs you to get out of the saddle, I'm normally mostly a seated climber, but its like this Frame has its own energy and it pushes you to stand up and keep going.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:53 pm
Lovely bike of course.

FWIW I just can't get past my thought that these sorts of bikes look much better with appropriately shallow wheels. Even the shallower Zipps are too much IMO.
Thx and yes most people dont go for deep wheels but I really like the look.

I should be trying some of my other wheels soon tho, so we will see what happens next.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Love the simple lines! Absolutely gorgeous, really makes me want to build up a modern steel frame in a foreseeable future!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

KarlC

by KarlC

LorneMalvo wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:16 pm
Love the simple lines! Absolutely gorgeous, really makes me want to build up a modern steel frame in a foreseeable future!
Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Just do it !

Image20171225_131422_HDR by , on Flickr
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

c60rider

by c60rider

What a lovely bike and definitely why I would go custom steel for my next new bike whenever that will be. One thought I notice those ergo cables are rubbing right up against the head tube. You've got frame protection on there? The other thing would be to loop the cables into the opposite sides and cross the cables under the down tube. Not to everyone's taste but it gets those cables totally clear of the head tube like I did with my old refurb job last year. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=148462

em3

by em3

...lovely build! Did u post actual weight of full build after your initial estimate....curious?

I agree with encouragement for new stem....aim for a skinny stem to match the skinny-ish steel tubes, like a Deda Superleggero or newer Specialized SL. EM3

KarlC

by KarlC

c60rider wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:53 am
What a lovely bike and definitely why I would go custom steel for my next new bike whenever that will be. One thought I notice those ergo cables are rubbing right up against the head tube. You've got frame protection on there? The other thing would be to loop the cables into the opposite sides and cross the cables under the down tube. Not to everyone's taste but it gets those cables totally clear of the head tube like I did with my old refurb job last year. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=148462

Thx for the thought, Ill be sticking on some clear frame protection soon.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

em3 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:40 am
...lovely build! Did u post actual weight of full build after your initial estimate....curious?

I agree with encouragement for new stem....aim for a skinny stem to match the skinny-ish steel tubes, like a Deda Superleggero or newer Specialized SL. EM3
So far this has not been a real weight weenie, I bought the frame and the Campy parts but all else has just been extra parts I had laying around.

Right now as you see her, she is at 7.2 kg
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

Maybe a change to a slightly more modern EDGE fork ?

If so I'm not sure what I would do about the paint color, Im thinking sand it down and paint it and a -12 stem to match the frame ?

Any thoughts ???

Image20180103_102414_HDR by , on Flickr

Image20180103_102333_HDR by , on Flickr

Image20180103_102205_HDR by , on Flickr
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

No comments on the fork, but Speedvagen + Campagnolo = Powerful Pete Endorsement and Approval (PPEA).

That is a beautiful ride at a decent weight for that kind of bike. Very, very jealous.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

KarlC

by KarlC

Fork Test fit ....... I like the straight fork shape but not sure about the red color .......

Image20180103_195031_HDR by , on Flickr

Image20180103_200047_HDR by , on Flickr
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

em3

by em3

Looks great with the red/vermillion fork! The straight blades look best with a sloping top tube and the bright color appears to match the SV accents on the frame, not to mention a pleasant contrast with the slate/blue. Now, about that stem....

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Thats really really bad with the fork and deep wheels. :(

Broady

by Broady

Red fork and shallow wheels would be my pick.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com