Hongfu - FM058 Custom - 9,380kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tskubi

by tskubi

Here is my 2018 marathon beast,
FM058 frame, custom paint & stickers.
I let you look at the pics, feel free to ask for details.

Thanks to BIKE AHEAD composites for the RS wheels, Darimo Carbon Fiber for feather light cockpit & seatpost, Gelu carbon creation for the stunning saddle, KA Engineering for titanium ring & Garbaruk Bike Components for the superb 10/50 cassette.
9,380kg

Read the full story here http://bit.ly/2C1dyn5
and more pictures there http://bit.ly/2jAeXtr

Details,

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Enjoy your time under the sun.. and when its cold and dark don't worry too much, the world will keep spinning and your time in the sun will come again.

kidrob

by kidrob

Woah, that's awesome! These Chinese frames are awesome! What a beast! Also love the paint and slogan!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Willier

by Willier

Very nice, I really like it. It looks much lighter then it is...

SampsC50

by SampsC50

Wow, so cool! Looks like a Harley V-Rod
Trek Madone 9 Project One
Colnago C50 PR11

Ex: Eddie Merckx EMX-7, Colnago Master, Rose Pro SL Carbon

tskubi

by tskubi

SampsC50 wrote:Wow, so cool! Looks like a Harley V-Rod

thanks, can you explain, I'm not sure to get it...
Enjoy your time under the sun.. and when its cold and dark don't worry too much, the world will keep spinning and your time in the sun will come again.

SampsC50

by SampsC50

tskubi wrote:
SampsC50 wrote:Wow, so cool! Looks like a Harley V-Rod

thanks, can you explain, I'm not sure to get it...

Trek Madone 9 Project One
Colnago C50 PR11

Ex: Eddie Merckx EMX-7, Colnago Master, Rose Pro SL Carbon

wemmetje

by wemmetje

Sick looking bike
I have been looking at a Chinese fully for some time now, but as far as I know they don't make a 29er boost frame .

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

jooo

by jooo

There are actually quite a few 27.5+ frames which are Boost spacing and 29er compatible (including a variant of the FM058).

F45

by F45

Pretty bike. I like the titanium ring.

tskubi

by tskubi

F45 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:17 am
Pretty bike. I like the titanium ring.
it is from KA Engineering in Ukraine. Strong & reliable, the one you see in the pic is approx 5500km old.

Gullholm

by Gullholm

Awesome build!
Personally I think the Bike Ahead wheels can be a bit of a hit or miss depending on what bike they're fitted to, but on this one it's just perfect. Really matches the frame well.

tskubi

by tskubi

Gullholm wrote:Awesome build!
Personally I think the Bike Ahead wheels can be a bit of a hit or miss depending on what bike they're fitted to, but on this one it's just perfect. Really matches the frame well.
Thanks mate,
The custom paint is home made, and as your builds, this ain’t no show bike, it rides often whatever the weather on hard and technical trails.
See my Strava ;)

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Wow, your FM058 looks totally awesome, especially the yellow accent. I'd choose it over M06 too if it was available back then, but for now I'll have to do with what I own. Mine weights in 9.2kg range with Thunder Burts and I've got some upgrades in mind to drop it to sub-9. I've been posponing making a thread for months, but you can check out the build thread on Chinertown.

tskubi

by tskubi

Klaster1 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:48 am
Wow, your FM058 looks totally awesome, especially the yellow accent. I'd choose it over M06 too if it was available back then, but for now I'll have to do with what I own. Mine weights in 9.2kg range with Thunder Burts and I've got some upgrades in mind to drop it to sub-9. I've been posponing making a thread for months, but you can check out the build thread on Chinertown.
thanks mate,
congrats for your build, yeah M06 is a little weak with a very low bb & some releases have a bad swing-arm (2 of my friends from light-bikes.fr had the problem)
thanks for the link to chimertown, I will give it a try ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

@tskubi, I've seeked through the build thread on light-bikes.fr for a bit and noticed that the rocker arm design differs from the M06 one to a substantial degree: it's plate based instead of a single part and is 80g less. I wonder how plated design compares to a bridged/solid one, especially if it makes the rear end less stiff to a detectable degree when used for XC and light trails.