Colnago C59 - TSIT

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Did you ever take a measurement or two to determine what size it actually is? From the center of the BB to the lower edge of the seatpost collar... I'm thinking that measurement is 56, perhaps 54. But it sure looks sloping to me. If it's a 56s, that equates to a 60Traditional, and if it's a 54s, that equates to a 58Traditional. Very nice looking bike either way. And if you didn't get it new, there's always a chance it could be custom geo as well. Headtube length would be good to know as well, either from outside edges of the headset cups then subtract 5mm, or from the inside edges of the cups, but I usually find it's easier to get a more accurate measurement using the outer edges of the headset flanges.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

coriordan

by coriordan

Actually I haven't yet but I reckon 54s as I'm only 6ft and a 56s would feel huge for me.

I'll have a look tomorrow when it stops raining.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Don’t you want to know what size frame it actually is? I mean, for real. Lol. I do. It looks great.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Guys, I'm pretty sure this is a 54S, which would be equivalent to 58Trad. Coriordan, great looking bike!

coriordan

by coriordan

Especially for Calnago I braved the snow and measured:

ST (center BB to bottom seatpost collar) 55cm (the one anomaly)
TT (c-c) 55cm
TT Horizontal (c-c) 58cm
HT (top of black O-ring to bottom of topcap) 17.8cm

As expected it pretty much is a 54s which is ideal. I could probably get a fit on a 52s as well but would mean masses of seatpost and I think I would prefer a traditional if it was the size smaller.

Next steps are stem (more -ve angle, but in white), narrower bars then I can add the white bartape.

I've also been watching videos of people who've drilled the bar ends to make the barend di2 junction work and am tempted by it as well, if I do that I'll also put the bluetooth battery in as I don't have a PC to run diagnostics.

MattN

by MattN

54s - my size too, nice.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'm really sorry I made you go out into the snow to take those measurements. I thought you might keep it inside and it would be easy :)
I think you may have a slightly custom geo there. An effective top tube of 58cm really is consistent with the 56sloping, whereas a 54s would have an effective top tube of 56.5cm. That seems like too big a difference to be measured incorrectly. And one measurement that is really consistent is always the seat tube, measured from the center of the BB to the bottom of the seat collar. And it is pretty easy to measure accurately. So a 55 would be smack in the middle of a 54s and 56s. Yet the headtube is pretty much the 54s. Interesting... but whatever it is, it looks right.
:beerchug:

irongatsby

by irongatsby

I stand corrected. This reminds me of @majklnajt's trad57 C50 with 58 seat tube.

coriordan

by coriordan

Got the Pro Vibe bars and stem and went a little narrower. Very happy with the black stem and bars and white tape.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

coriordan wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:15 pm
Needs a black seat post or black seat collar at least to contrast/match the black in the stem. Also, some eebrakes would look fantastic too. Just saying LOL....... :D

coriordan

by coriordan

EEs may have to wait but I agree a black seat post collar may be the pièce de resistance

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

That's what I ended up doing with my Team Editions - using black and white collars to provide contrast:

coriordan

by coriordan

Couple of newer snaps

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

This is gorgeous.

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry