Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Incoming English
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 pm
Posts: 520
dereksmalls wrote:
It looks amazing. I'm guessing the weight of the crankset is including chainrings?


Lightning crank 110bcd bare is 532g rings are 100g plus alloy bolts. Rob built that chart and used his scale to weigh everything. So between our scales it could have been off a bit.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incoming English
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:20 pm
Posts: 1917
Location: New Zealand
nickf wrote:
dereksmalls wrote:
It looks amazing. I'm guessing the weight of the crankset is including chainrings?


Lightning crank 110bcd bare is 532g rings are 100g plus alloy bolts. Rob built that chart and used his scale to weigh everything. So between our scales it could have been off a bit.


Something is off then as a Lightning crank bare with 110BCD spider should be about 395gm. Mine complete with chainrings (no BB) was 500gm

_________________
2012 BMC SLR 6.02kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110390


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Incoming English
Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:30 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Incoming English
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 pm
Posts: 520
Bad math on my part. Bare crank is 379g on my scale.

dereksmalls wrote:
nickf wrote:
dereksmalls wrote:
It looks amazing. I'm guessing the weight of the crankset is including chainrings?


Lightning crank 110bcd bare is 532g rings are 100g plus alloy bolts. Rob built that chart and used his scale to weigh everything. So between our scales it could have been off a bit.


Something is off then as a Lightning crank bare with 110BCD spider should be about 395gm. Mine complete with chainrings (no BB) was 500gm


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:05 pm 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:34 pm
Posts: 345
Location: North Carolina
pretty sure I saw you on the Lakemont ride saturday before Christmas. Bike envy for sure.

_________________
The New: BH http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=117760


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 pm
Posts: 520
wpccrunner wrote:
pretty sure I saw you on the Lakemont ride saturday before Christmas. Bike envy for sure.
That would be me! Doing the lakemont grind!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:46 am 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 1780
Location: SYD
dam thats nice!! very similar to mine in weight as well


Image

_________________
Skunkworks Bikes


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 6.26kg

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

philhul83

18

3736

Mon May 29, 2017 3:00 pm

philhul83 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Kestrel Legend SL - 59cm - 6.26kg Out the Box

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Clean39T

19

2456

Wed May 24, 2017 7:53 am

Clean39T View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Post your English

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

sugarkane

58

6496

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:22 am

Grill View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Rob English | Mudfoot 29er Rigid

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Denavelo

4

1088

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:03 pm

jemima View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited