2017 Specialized Sequoia Expert (Evo)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

F45

by F45

I would have done the same. I hate 1x.

Do you use that 50x11 much? I'm using 46/34 on the gravel bike and I love it. SRAM rings are pretty cheap second hand.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

F45 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:09 am
I would have done the same. I hate 1x.

Do you use that 50x11 much? I'm using 46/34 on the gravel bike and I love it. SRAM rings are pretty cheap second hand.
I definitely use it a bit on the road. I live in Texas, so it's pretty flat. If I catch a tailwind on a flat section of road, or a slight downhill I turn that 11t over for sure.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Well, I have a confession to make. My weight weenie tendencies can't accept the 23lbs weight of this bike. After the S-Works Toupe saddle, came Enve handlebars, and an Enve stem is on the way as well. Some CL50 wheels from Roval are a likely next purchase. Should I switch to carbon cages as well, or keep the titanium ones to keep with the retro look?

morganb

by morganb

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:55 pm
Well, I have a confession to make. My weight weenie tendencies can't accept the 23lbs weight of this bike. After the S-Works Toupe saddle, came Enve handlebars, and an Enve stem is on the way as well. Some CL50 wheels from Roval are a likely next purchase. Should I switch to carbon cages as well, or keep the titanium ones to keep with the retro look?
I would keep the Ti, I just like taking the bottles in and out of metal cages better and this is never going to be a bike where you are going to be able to make light enough that cage weight matters, plus aesthetically they will look better.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Good points, I'll keep the ti cages on. I'm really amazed at how much better the frontend feels with the carbon bar and stem. I didn't think the difference would be so big, but with the fork being carbon too, it's just like a column of torsional stiffness up front now. It totally changed the ride of the bike. This is now my 3rd bike with a carbon stem, and I feel like the way carbon reacts to twisting forces is really superiour to aluminim.

cerro

by cerro

Yeah, more people with those nice cages :)

Here is how mine became last winter:

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I dig the aggressive setup on your Sequoia. It looks fun.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

A few pics from the desert last weekend.