2018 BMC TeamMachine slr02 TWO

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

benjaminm3

by benjaminm3

Hi everyone! I started cycling about six months ago, and just got my first "serious" bike. It's the 105 group set, and I plan on upgrading to the ultegra 8050 and getting some nicer wheels :)

https://goo.gl/photos/5yptBm8WnGA28R4Y7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

benjaminm3 wrote:Hi everyone! I started cycling about six months ago, and just got my first "serious" bike. It's the 105 group set, and I plan on upgrading to the ultegra 8050 and getting some nicer wheels :)

https://goo.gl/photos/5yptBm8WnGA28R4Y7

:welcome:
Cool, really like BMC, well made bikes.

Try using Tapatalk to upload photos
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

genebdr

by genebdr

i am buying this frameset very shortly !

shuttlenote

by shuttlenote

Very nice! I'm on the hunt for an SLR02 as well.

sooni

by sooni

genebdr wrote:i am buying this frameset very shortly !

Where can you get the frameset? I've only seen the complete bike offered for the slr02.

bilwit

by bilwit

sooni wrote:

Where can you get the frameset? I've only seen the complete bike offered for the slr02.

Gotta haggle your local BMC dealer to see if they'll just sell you the frameset. Worked for me for the white SLR01. First shop wouldn't do it but second one was more than happy to do it (and also provide & install a free CeramicSpeed BB).

sooni

by sooni

bilwit wrote:
sooni wrote:

Gotta haggle your local BMC dealer to see if they'll just sell you the frameset. Worked for me for the white SLR01. First shop wouldn't do it but second one was more than happy to do it (and also provide & install a free CeramicSpeed BB).

Right, they all sell the SLR01. I thought you were referencing the SLR02...

bilwit

by bilwit

sooni wrote:
bilwit wrote:
sooni wrote:

Wat. BMC only offers certain frame colors as frameset-only. I was just using the SLR01 as an example of being able to buy just the frameset despite it being a full-bike-build-exclusive.

benjaminm3

by benjaminm3

In theory your LBS could offer the SLR02 as just a frameset if they were willing to part out the wheels/groupset and sell those separately. That's a decision your LBS has to make though, so if you happen to have a good relationship with them, they might do it for you (or if they really needed to close a sale). You could think of it this way:

SLR02 TWO = $2600
105 groupset = ~$350
Mavic Aksium wheels = ~200

So if your LBS was willing, they could probably sell you the frameset alone for ~2k

Most shops probably don't want to be sitting on that inventory, so the overwhelming majority will probably tell you no.

sooni

by sooni

sooni wrote:
bilwit wrote:
sooni wrote:

sooni

by sooni

bilwit wrote:
sooni wrote:
bilwit wrote:
sooni wrote:

Wat. BMC only offers certain frame colors as frameset-only. I was just using the SLR01 as an example of being able to buy just the frameset despite it being a full-bike-build-exclusive.

Got it.Thanks for clarifying.

Looks like I have no choice but to buy the complete bike in my area. SLR02 One - Keeping everything but the handlebars and the Aksium Elite wheelset. Gotta see if they will swap the 52 Chainring for a compact.

genebdr

by genebdr

i was lucky enough to have my dealer buy the groupset back from me
bilwit wrote:
sooni wrote:

bilwit

by bilwit

How's the stem treating you guys? I noticed it's different than the electronic one, not sure if it affects the weight though. Mine came in at a hefty 163.7g.. not sure if I'm going to stick with it though.

Also, about the frameset-only thing, when I picked my SLR01 up they included the 3T Ergonova and Antares (kium) for free lol.. didn't seem like they actually knew anything in that shop. I won't be using either of those though but maybe I'll give them to someone.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com