Hitting Reset: My Litespeed T2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

Imaking20 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:59 am
Well, they stopped making the T3 so it's less of an option.

The T2 is the same as the T1SL with the exception of the top tube. Compared to the T3, the bottom bracket shell is more heavily machined (for a claimed savings of 90g) and it might have more butting in the seat tubes compared to early T3s (that one I can't confirm). The T2 is marginally lighter than the T3 - I think my frame is like ~20-30g lighter than Ryan's who is a size smaller.
There is still a potential the T1sl would ride more harshly than the T2 - which would be a bit rough if it was the case.
Thanks - I appreciate it.

RyanH

by RyanH

garjo wrote:Why swapping SR groupset with DA instead of Red22 (lighter)?
Cause one is a Timex and the other is a Rolex...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Ryan, I think you mean this for Red 22:

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Big fan of Red 22 personally - I like how it's quite positive, you know you've shifted. Today on Ultegra on a downshift on the RD I hit the paddle and felt and heard nothing. Of course it had shifted, but I find it kinda weird - I like the feedback. DA is all function - and its very good no doubt. For me it lacks the style of SR and the weight of Sram.

I've seen old DA go wrong at the shifter, with the paddle and lever having to be held apart to move independently. No idea if this afflicts newer models though.

Anyway I've gone OT but just my opinion.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Sounds like the snob machine is an appropriate title.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Last edited by Imaking20 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanH

by RyanH

Think he was referring to my build, which is titled "The Snob Machine" in my signature.

Regarding Red, it works and it can work quite well if you spend the time and effort to get it dialed in perfectly. My analogy was still fair though since one could argue that a Timex is lighter, cheaper and possibly more accurate than a Rolex. Coming from Campy, I didn't think I'd like 9100, but after my first few minutes on it, I was in awe of how well it worked. This is something Imaking20 kept telling me before but I kept dismissing cause I had Campy dialed in perfectly so how can you improve on perfection?

Well, Shimano took perfection and made it better. The groupset just feels so refined and the indexing is next level. I say that about the indexing because with Red and Campy, you can always overshift to the next largest gear when moving up the cassette if you push past the click. That's not really the case with 9100, it's almost like it's electronic. And then there's the brakes... Man, those brakes work so effing well. I'm sure they could even make those Alto wheels stop on a dime. They've done wonders for my Enve textured wheels... Which I disdain. But, the braking is so good on them now that when I demoed a disc brake bike last Friday, I actually preferred the feel of 9100 over the disc bike. I felt I had to apply more force to get the same stopping power (it's possible the demo bike needed to be fixed) but still, that's how good 9100 brakes are.

My only gripe with the shifting and I think someone mentioned above, the shifts down the cassette are not tactile enough. They made the action too light. One thing I do like about Red and Super Record is that there is no uncertainty if you shifted.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

RyanH wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:18 pm
Think he was referring to my build, which is titled "The Snob Machine" in my signature.

Regarding Red, it works and it can work quite well if you spend the time and effort to get it dialed in perfectly. My analogy was still fair though since one could argue that a Timex is lighter, cheaper and possibly more accurate than a Rolex. Coming from Campy, I didn't think I'd like 9100, but after my first few minutes on it, I was in awe of how well it worked. This is something Imaking20 kept telling me before but I kept dismissing cause I had Campy dialed in perfectly so how can you improve on perfection?

Well, Shimano took perfection and made it better. The groupset just feels so refined and the indexing is next level. I say that about the indexing because with Red and Campy, you can always overshift to the next largest gear when moving up the cassette if you push past the click. That's not really the case with 9100, it's almost like it's electronic. And then there's the brakes... Man, those brakes work so effing well. I'm sure they could even make those Alto wheels stop on a dime. They've done wonders for my Enve textured wheels... Which I disdain. But, the braking is so good on them now that when I demoed a disc brake bike last Friday, I actually preferred the feel of 9100 over the disc bike. I felt I had to apply more force to get the same stopping power (it's possible the demo bike needed to be fixed) but still, that's how good 9100 brakes are.

My only gripe with the shifting and I think someone mentioned above, the shifts down the cassette are not tactile enough. They made the action too light. One thing I do like about Red and Super Record is that there is no uncertainty if you shifted.
Yawn.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

RyanH

by RyanH

Ya, all those trainer rides must be boring:

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Rides? What are those?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Whoa! ^ prob my fav bike of yours yet.

Wouldn’t change a thing, outside of the groupset....

Imaking20

by Imaking20

RyanH

by RyanH

Moving to Hollywood Hills in 2 weeks so

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com