Hitting Reset: My Litespeed T2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KarlC

by KarlC

Imaking20 wrote:Yeah, I found a great deal on another carbon frame, then another, then another. I even bought one and never built it. I got to a point where, mentally, I feel like they're all just another carbon frame. It was time to do something different. So far I've got zero regrets. This frame is every bit as stiff as I'd need out of any race bike - but a lot more interesting! (to me)

Change is good !

Ive been going thru a bit of the same as I have been following your progress.

I landed on an used Speedvagen frame, and now working on getting getting parts for it.

We will see where it all ends ???
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Trade for lumpia bro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Best price for 3 lumpia?

Denavelo

by Denavelo

Sweet build! So much inspiration from the Litespeed builds on the forum.
I too have a metal bike and have owned multiple carbon ones. The metal reigns supreme and is the one I always deafult too.
I however think there's a place for carbon bikes for the larger fellas (6'1 170lbs). I just feel like I can put more physical energy into banging on a carbon bike with greater results.
Say I'm in a fast group ride and I want to stay at the front of the steep long climb, carbon helps ME stay there. Just the way the power is transferred to instant feedback.
Not saying I couldn't so the same on steel, but from my experience I can see the after affects of banging hard on metal and the same with carbon. I can do Newcomeb from my place (75mi / 8000ft) and come home and hit the gym to lift weights after (Carbon bike).

My Speedvagen with Vlaanderen tires on Schmolke 30 wheels, is the best combo going right now. I can ride over beat to crap roads and the ride is pure bliss. My SSEVO is almost done being built up, and it serve it's purpose as weekend hill weapon. I'm hoping my SSEVO hits the scales around 11lb with the full build.

I'm still thinking of getting a Moots or some Ti bike for a xmas bonus gift to myself.
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Last edited by Imaking20 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glepore

by glepore

Your bike and Ryan's have me shopping for ti. I have an problem with hoarding though, and currently have a bunch of bikes, each with a niche. I get that ti would fill a bunch of those, and if I wasn't emotionally attached I'd dump them. Just missed out on a Seven SLX that would have fit me (reached a deal with a Paceline poster but the bike sold on ebay before he could take it down). Decided to have Tom Kellog refinish a custom steel bike that had crash damage instead. At 135 lbs and a laughable max power I can actually use a light steel bike. Still sort of looking and if the right ti bike pops up I'm in. It would have to be a t2/3 or a nice Seven (ie one that fits and doesn't have an unattractive headtube height). I think that something like that with a build like this would be the bike that you could reach for every day and lack nothing but aero, and if that's a concern a set of bars like the aeronova and deep wheels would get you much of that.

Supersixes are ubiquitous because they may be the screaming deal of the decade. Yeah, they're sort of like a Chevy Malibu in looks and exclusivity, but they're like a supercharged Chevy SS in use-great power transfer, easy to build down to 6.0, and comfortable enough to actually ride for 4 hrs or more. They are a bit nervous though and remind you all of the time that they're a sporting piece.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Denavelo

by Denavelo

I think of my Speedvagen as the M5 and my Carbon weight weenie weekend warrior bike as the M4 GTS.
One for comfort and top end speed and the other for race feels, and lightweight powerful accelerations.
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Clean39T

by Clean39T

Almost like those wheels on it better than the Boras..

Also, my afternoon ride involved the torture of SW Hall and lots of cars - and yours was apparently empty roads in farm country. I think I’m doing it wrong...

Wingnut

by Wingnut

A very nice Ti bike, looks great and I like the choice of components! The SRAM cranks look nice with the Campagnolo components...happy riding.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Imaking20

by Imaking20

It's been awhile since I rode my 46 Aero, I forgot just how good they are. Stiffness/spin-up that rivals CCU, braking that easily rivals Boras (if not better), and holds speed better than both.

kurisu

by kurisu

@Imaking20 I love the clean lines of the T2, and your build looks so simple and elegant.
Litespeed T5 | No. 22 Great Divide | Ridley Helium SL | No. 22 Reactor

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Last edited by Imaking20 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kurisu

by kurisu

:beerchug: One thing's for sure there's something special about titanium frames with campy stuff.
Litespeed T5 | No. 22 Great Divide | Ridley Helium SL | No. 22 Reactor

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com