Hitting Reset: My Litespeed T2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

So long
Last edited by Imaking20 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

This is really nice, good write up too. Got me really considering Titanium now.

WR74

by WR74

Great weight for a ti frame! (I'm waiting for the first flame post for mixing groupsets)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Haydn

by Haydn

Very nice :)

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Last edited by Imaking20 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anquetil

by anquetil

Rubber frame with mix group.Nice.

AndreLM

by AndreLM

Imaking20 wrote:When Campy makes a <500g crankset for a native BB/PF30 I'll switch.

Campy Overtorque? According to FWB, it should be ~30g lighter than SRAM Red

563.2g with 50/34 rings:

stormur

by stormur

Imaking20 wrote:
@wr74 - this is still WEIGHT weenies. When Campy makes a <500g crankset for a native BB/PF30 I'll switch.

Campagnolo does sub 500g cranks ( same way as you measured yours ( without chainrings, bolts and pedal washers, without bearings as well ) ), but not dedicated to such f-----d bottom bracket standard like "whatever30" . I believe it won't ever happened. If your frame would have solid bb shell, like BSA ( which is easy with Ti frame ), you could use SR crank in BSA cups...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the main reasons to jump from CF to Ti is to avoid press fit BB, isn't it ?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would never order Ti frame with anything else than BSA.

Edit : Overtorque is "BB386" so long spindle crank.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Last edited by Imaking20 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RyanH

by RyanH

Good luck finding the tools to install the Overtorque cranks.

For Ti frames, I'd only order PF30. You're dealing with a straight tube so it should be highly unlikely that the bearings will be out of alignment. It's a lot lighter and with cranks like SRAM Red, you get tons of ankle/shoe clearance.

Mtek

by Mtek

I don’t understand the problem with some people, this is a place to show your build and feel good about it.

Imaking20, looks very nice and I hope it is exactly what you need it to be. Personally, I think you will have another carbon bike...just for the reason it’s fun to build and try something new. Enthusiasts seem to all be this way.

Nixster

by Nixster

Great looking bike! Ti can look so clean when done well.
Etap may have been even cleaner but I bet your set up is quieter :)

N

Delorre

by Delorre

Nixster wrote:Great looking bike! Ti can look so clean when done well.
Etap may have been even cleaner but I bet your set up is quieter :)

N

Etap may be cleaner, but the front and rear mech are HUGE. IMO,the cleanest builds are the current DI2 ones with bar end junction and thought after cable routing at the bars. That way, you visually don't have any more cables than etap (the 2 brake cables, the di2 that goes into the frame heat wrapped around the rear brake cable) and the mech's are more tiny. But SR mechanical remain a true classic, a perfect match for such a classy TI frame!! Well done!

stormur

by stormur

Imaking20 wrote:
anquetil wrote:Rubber frame with mix group.Nice.

How are those frame weight photos coming along?

stormur wrote:
Imaking20 wrote:
@wr74 - this is still WEIGHT weenies. When Campy makes a <500g crankset for a native BB/PF30 I'll switch.

Campagnolo does sub 500g cranks ( same way as you measured yours ( without chainrings, bolts and pedal washers, without bearings as well ) ), but not dedicated to such f-----d bottom bracket standard like "whatever30" . I believe it won't ever happened. If your frame would have solid bb shell, like BSA ( which is easy with Ti frame ), you could use SR crank in BSA cups...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the main reasons to jump from CF to Ti is to avoid press fit BB, isn't it ?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would never order Ti frame with anything else than BSA.

Edit : Overtorque is "BB386" so long spindle crank.

Does my thread offend you for some reason? You're not wrong for not wanting press in BB. Just like I'm not wrong for wanting it. It's a lighter complete setup and using delrin press in cups I don't expect any noise. This is no different than the Pressfit82 BB in New Colnagos. Except I can use a lighter crank.

You ARE wrong with your assumption about why I'd go to ti from carbon and definitely about how I weighed my crank though.

477g all in. That's 15g lighter than my THM M3. And it will get lighter rings.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016091 ... f0adeb.jpg
without bearings. image from this forum BTW.

No, you didn't offend me. You're not able to.

You have full right to be wrong & to defend it . Objectively any pressfit is worse than threaded bottom bracket shell.

BTW if you want just "wow", forums are wrong place for it. Critique can happened.

But obvoiusly some do like hypocrisy... so be it.

@RyanH : maybe PF30 will make trouble, maybe not. With threaded BB you won't have issues. BIG difference, don't you think ? to simplify it's difference between "maybe ( read : I hope ) " and "never" .
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

AndreLM

by AndreLM

RyanH wrote:Good luck finding the tools to install the Overtorque cranks.

I actually didn't know OT tools were that hard to find. Finding anything Campy here is almost impossible, so hardly anyone uses it.

@Imaking20 great bike, and excellent weight. You chose your components wisely. Hope you enjoy riding it.

Did you get the 3T fork with the bike? It seems they are including their own fork these days.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com